1: 05

The VKs eventually made their way back to the dorm. Catherine and Kiara joined Mal and Evie in their dorm. Jane decided to join them.

Evie was seated at her desk, doing homework. Mal was resting on her bed drawing while Catherine and Kiara were sitting near the window.

Jane spoke up. "Mom said, "If a boy can't see the beauty within, then he's not worth it." Can you believe it? What world does she live in?"

"Auradon," Mal answered sarcastically.

Evie held up a dress. "Mal, Kia, Cat, do you like?"

Kiara smiled. "That looks great, Evie."

Catherine nodded. "Fit for a princess. Or a queen."

Mal nodded. "Yeah. It's cute. It brings out your eyes."

Evie smiled. "I know."

Jane let out a dramatic sigh. "I'll never get a boyfriend."

Mal shrugged. "Boyfriends are overrated."

"And how would you know, Mal?" Evie teased. "You've never had one."

"It's 'cause I don't need one, E. They're a waste of time. Right, Cat, Kia? Oh, wait. Kiara sort of has one."

Kiara frowned. "I do not. Ed and I are just friends."

"But just friends don't look at you the way he looks at you," Catherine teased.

"Shut up before I nab my dad's hat and send you to Wonderland."

Evie gasped and her eyes widened. "I forgot to do Chad's homework! Oh, no! Oh, no, no, no."

Mal said, "And that is exactly what I mean."

Kiara stood and peeked at what Evie was doing. "You really shouldn't do someone else's homework."

Evie frowned at her. "He's a cute prince who needs help."

"He's a boy who saw a pretty girl and is using her."

An Asian girl with a short bob knocked walked into Mal and Evie's room. "Hey, guys! I'm Lonnie. My mom's Mulan? No? Anyways, I love what you've done with Jane's hair. And I know you hate us, and, well, you're evil. But do you think you could do mine?"

Kiara frowned. "We aren't evil. That's a stereotype you all came up with!"

Mal nodded as she frowned at Lonnie. "Why would I do that for you?"

"I'll pay you 50 dollars," Lonnie said.

"Good answer," Evie commented. "I need to buy more material. Let's see. I'm thinking we lose the bangs, maybe some layers and some highlights."

Lonnie nodded. "Yeah, yeah. I want it cool. Like Mal's or Kiara and Catherine's."

Mal seemed surprised. "Really?"

"The split ends, too?" Evie questioned.

Kiara lifted a strand of hair. "I don't have split ends."

Catherine crossed her arms. "Nor do I."

"Okay," Mal agreed. "'Beware, forswear, replace the old with cool hair.'"

Lonnie's hair grew and became long and curly, like Jane's. She studied it in the mirror as Evie said, "I know. I know. It looks like a mop on your head. You know what? Let's cut it off, layer it..."

Lonnie shook her head. "No, no, no, no, no, no! I love it."

"You do?"

Lonnie nodded and ripped her skirt. "It's just... Now I'm cool."

"Like ice," Mal answered.

"Or like a cat," Catherine added.

Jane's eyes widened after she ripped her skirt. "What did I just do? Mom's gonna kill me!"

When the girls left, Catherine laughed softly. "You made Auradon friends. If your mom could see you now."

Mal shot her a look. "Your dad wouldn't be happy either. Let's keep this between us."

Catherine nodded. "Yeah, that's probably best."