3: 02

Everyone was gathered in front of the school awaiting Mal and Ben's entrance, and the king's surprise. Evie had planned it all herself.

Evie walked up to her friends and said, "Are you ready for Mal's surprise?"

Kiara nodded. "Cat and I are ready. She's going to love this!"

Evie noticed them coming and said quietly, "Here they come."

Ben waved to the crowd as the band started playing.

Mal and Ben climbed onto the platform and Mal walked forward to step off, but was stopped by Fairy Godmother. "Oh, stay."

Mal glanced at her. "Stay here?"

Fairy Godmother nodded, and Mal and Ben waved to everyone. Fairy Godmother smiled and said into a gold mic, "Bibbidi-bobbidi, one two, one two, can everyone hear me?"

"Yes," Mal answered.

Fairy Godmother turned to the king. "Ben."

He took the mic from Fairy Godmother and said, "Thank you Fairy Godmother. What's up, Auradon?" The crowd cheered. "Thank you, thank you so much for coming out to welcome our new arrivals. They'll be here soon. It worked out pretty well for the first five."

"Yeah, especially for you!" Chad taunted.

Catherine shot him a glare as Audrey snapped in front of his face. "Not very funny."

Ben took his future queen's hand. "Mal, this is the exact spot we met not so long ago. I feel like I've known you my whole life, but did I mention I'm in love with you?"

A guitar started and Ben sang, "I met this girl who rocked my world like it's never been rocked. And now I'm living just for her and I won't ever stop." They spun around each other. "I never thought that it could happen to a guy like me. But now look at what you've done, you got me down on my knee."

Ben knelt on one knee and pulled out a box. Mal covered her mouth. "Mal, it's you and me. Forever." He opened the box to reveal a gold ring with a light purple stone. "Will you marry me? Will you be my queen?"

"No!" Audrey cried.

Mal nodded and her voice faltered as she said, "Yes!"

Audrey nearly fainted, but was caught by Chad and her grandmother. Ben and Mal kissed and the crowd erupted into a loud cheer.

Carlos glanced at Catherine and smiled while Edward glanced at Kiara and smiled.

Mal ran up to Catherine, Kiara and Evie and hugged them tightly. "What, did you three know?"

Evie, Catherine and Kiara exchanged a look and the former nodded. "Everything. I had to threaten to spell Cat to keep her from spilling anything."

Mal laughed as Kiara said, "Congrats, Mal!"

"Thanks, Kiara."

Evie smiled. "You are going to rock that crown. Okay, okay. I've only done about a thousand sketches of your wedding dress and Belle's already planned an engagement party."

Mal let out another laugh. "It's a really good thing I said yes."

She walked up to Ben's father and he said, "Hugs."

"Hugs," Mal replied, hugging him.

She made her way to Belle. "Hi." Belle hugged Mal. "I finally get a daughter."

"I love you, Belle."

Belle smiled. "Aw, I love you too."

Fairy Godmother watched the encounter before Mal hugged her. "Oh, sweetie. So happy for you both."

Mal made her way back over to her friends and Jay smirked. "All bow to her royal majesty."

"Her purple royal majesty," Edward corrected.

Carlos took off his hat and said, "Ah, yes, her royal purpleness."

They all bowed to her.

Mal waved her hand in a queenly manner. "Silence you annoying peasants."

Jay nodded. "As you wish, my liege."

Carlos and Edward frowned slightly. "Your Crankiness."

Mal giggled and Ben smiled. "Okay, let's do this."

The seven of them climbed into a purple with the license plate MAL. They drove across the bridge to the Isle to pick up the VKs they'd chosen.

They were packed up and ready to go. Kiara smiled at the girl she'd chosen. "Home is never too far away. Remember that."

She waved. "Goodbye, father." She turned to Kiara. "Kia, is Auradon nice?"

Kiara nodded. "It's beautiful. You're going to love it there. Trust me." She hugged her father and said, "See you soon."

Jefferson kissed the top of her head and smiled. "See you soon, darling."

Once everyone was set, they climbed back into the limo. As they drove across the bridge, Mae asked Kiara, "What does ice cream taste like?"

Kiara thought for a moment, trying to think of the best way to describe it. "It's cold and sweet. But you have to be careful while eating it, or it could cause your head to hurt. They call it a brain freeze."

The border opened and the car drove through. Instead of closing all the way, it was stopped by Hades.

"Stop the car," Mal ordered. "He's trying to escape."

"I am a god!" Hades cried. "I don't belong here!" He blasted blue streaks at the boys, knocking them down. Evie pulled me behind her so I wouldn't get hurt. Mal turned into a dragon and Hades blasted her. He kept blasting her and Kiara and Catherine watched in worry as dragon Mal was slowly forced back.

"Come on, Mal, blast him!" Ben encouraged.

Eventually, the border closed, and Mal shifted back. She landed on the car and Evie and Ben helped her down.

"Are you okay?" Evie asked softly.

Mal shook her head. "No! He was draining all of my magic with that ember and I felt all of my powers slipping away."

Evie glanced at the border and back at Mal. "But you're safe. He's back where he belongs."

Hades glared back at them before walking away.

Mal pursed her lips. "Yeah. For now." She leaned against Ben, and he wrapped an arm around her.

After a moment, Ben said, "We should go."

Mal nodded. "Okay."

The VKs climbed back into the car and drove the rest of the way across the bridge into Auradon.