2: 05

Mal and Catherine relayed what had happened with Uma and Evie frowned. "There's no way we are going to give Uma the wand. We can't just let her destroy Auradon."

Carlos nodded. "If Uma doesn't get the wand, then Ben is toast, guys."

Evie frowned. "Right, so we're going to give Uma, of all people, the wand?"

Mal's eyes widened. "Wait! You guys! Your 3D printer!"

Carlos grinned. "A phony wand!"

Mal met his eyes. "You could do that, right?"

"In my sleep!"

Evie brought the whole mood down. "Right, and the second Uma tests it, she'll know it's fake."

Mal shrugged. "Well, okay, so we just get Ben our really fast. Get some kind of diversion."

"Smoke bombs!" Jay and Edward cried, sharing an excited grin.

Evie nodded. "That's perfect! I'll get the chemicals you need from Lady Tremaine's place! That could work! Oh, and sick hair, by the way. That goes for both of you. Evil stepmom really stepped up her game!"

Mal and Catherine exchanged a smirk before the former said, "Can I tell you something? Dizzy did this."

Evie's eyes widened. "Little Dizzy? Shut. Up."

Mal grinned. "I know. I'm like, loving it. It's like, a lot lighter."

Jay coughed into his hand. "Ahem."

"Hello," Carlos and Edward added.

We turned back toward them and Mal nodded. "Right. Carlos, Ed, Jay, you guys meet us at Pirates Bay no later than noon. And you guys? Losing? Not an option. Cause we're rotten-"

"To the core," the VKs finished in sync.

While the boys went one way, Mal, Evie, Catherine and Kiara headed back to Dizzy's. She grinned when she saw who was with them. "Evie? Kia? Evie! Kia! You came back! Cat, you did too!"

Evie and Kiara smiled and hugged Dizzy. "Hi."

Mal smirked. "Hey -- Hey, so good to see you too."

Dizzy looked between them. "Is it all like we imagined? Do they really have closets that they can walk into? Have you ever gone inside a real swimming pool? What does ice cream taste like?"

Evie laughed. "It's cold and it's sweet, and if you eat it too fast, it gives you a headache."

Dizzy's eyes widened. "Really?"

"Yeah!"

"I saved your sketchbook for you!"

Evie smiled. "You did? Dizzy! Oh my gosh! Wow." She opened the sketchbook. "I made this dress out of an old curtain and safety pins."

Dizzy grinned. "It reminds me of the gown that you made for Mal when she met Jasmine."

"I spilled curry all over it,"!Mal stated bluntly.

Evie nodded. "You did."

Kiara shook her head with a light smile. "Quite a shame."

Dizzy cracked a smile. "Yeah, I saw that."

Evie turned back to the hairpiece. "You're totally right, Dizzy. This was totally the inspiration."

"I knew it! You can take the girl out of the Isle, but you can't take the Isle out of the girl."

While Mal and Catherine grabbed stuff for the smoke bombs, Evie held a heart to a hairpiece. "Is this too much? Or is this fabulous?"

Dizzy grinned. "Hand me the glue gun!"

After Dizzy finished, Evie asked her friends, "Got it?"

Mal and Catherine nodded. "Got it."

Evie and Kiara studied what Mal and Catherine had grabbed and the former said, "That makes five smoke bombs."

Mal frowned. "Okay, I think that's enough, right?"

"Yeah. M, K, C, how amazing would this look with my shredded tee and my heart purse?"

"Very amazing."

Kiara smiled. "I can see it already."

"Take it!" Dizzy cried. "Take a bunch!"

Evie smiled at her. "Oh, Dizzy! Oh my gosh! Thank you!"

Dizzy looked up at her. "It would make me so happy that you were wearing something of mine in Auradon, almost like being there myself."

Evie smiled sadly at her. "I really wish I could take you with me."

Dizzy shrugged. "At least one of us had our dream come true, right?"

Evie nodded. "Yeah."

Mal looked at her. "E, K, C, we gotta go."

"Okay."

Mal glanced at her. "She's going to be okay."

"Yeah, but she could be so much more."

"Let's go."

Kiara looked back at the salon. "I have a high hope she'll get out of there. She's got good things coming her way."

They made their way back to the loft and reminisced on memories. Mal grinned. "That one was epic. That one went on for actual days!"

"Like it matters, right?" Evie asked sarcastically.

"Undone by true love's kiss."

"Oh, the magic of the kiss," Catherine said with a laugh as Kiara's cheeks flushed at the thought of one.

Evie grinned and everyone said, "Works every time! Ha ha ha."

Evie turned to Mal. "I really thought that's what you and Ben had. Do you want to talk about it? Kia? Are you coming back?"

Mal shook her head. "I'm not coming back, Evie. I can't! I really tried to tell you, but I mean, I saw the way your face lit up when we walked in those dorm rooms for the first time. I couldn't spoil that for you."

Kiara sighed. "I don't know. I've missed the Isle, and my father is here."

Evie pursed her lips before saying, "If you two are staying, then I'm staying too."

Catherine nodded. "So am I. I never really fit in there anyway."

Mal turned to her. "Evie, you're an Auradon girl... and we are, we'll always be the girls from the Isle."

Mal threw a rock and it hit the sign. We walked up the stairs and remained silent for a moment. While Mal and Evie sang, Catherine and Kiara walked the entire way up to listen, sharing a look at how the song applied to them.