Buried Alive

CW: Jackie gets buried alive

.

He wasn't panicking. He couldn't panic, that would only make this situation that much worse. He took deep breaths and held them while he tried to figure out a way out of this death trap.

Jackie had woken up and the night had played out as normal as ever, he'd caught his bad guys and went to sleep at sunrise like usual. Except when he woke the next time it was to a dark and damp coffin-like place, where he had no way of knowing how long he'd been trapped or how long he had left before...

Another deep breath. Keep calm, don't panic...

His thoughts were trailing onto the path of less and less rational and he knew he was just losing more air by spending all this time thinking, but if he had gone with his first plans without thinking, he'd already be dead. The fire his palms emitted would have just set his wooden doom ablaze like it was nothing, and using super-strength to pry it open would send who knows how many feet of dirt and debris down onto him, furthering his suffocation.

Deep breath, hold...

He tried to find the open edge of the casket but the seal felt the same the entire way around.

Breathe out.

Jackie closed his eyes, hoping for a miracle before it was too late.