Blue Strings, Bad Ends (puppet/strings fic)

I might be a bit obsessed with puppet and string fics right now.

Blue strings. Bright blue against quickly paling skin and prominent, matching, pulsing blue veins.

Of all of them, Anti thought Henrik would be one of the easiest to get under his control. After all, he'd been able to add the strings to his puppet after only three days. But even now, three months into his captivity, he was fighting back. By this point, he should've given in thirty-fold.

"Scheiße." The doctor hissed, tugging his fists out of Anti's frigid hands. He knew it was no use, as Anti could glitch him right back into position, but he'd hate himself for not trying. Maybe today was a weak day-he knew Anti had those, days where his glitching wouldn't work to his standards, or the strings would loosen if he didn't concentrate exactly hard enough.

So far, it seemed, Anti was just enjoying this, treating it as play. He giggled madly, twisting Henrik's hands just enough that he could get to the knots on the strings and rub gentle thumbs over them, repairing a little of the damage Henrik had done unknowingly.

The doctor stopped at the light touch, eyes widening in surprise, before realizing suddenly that Anti's hands were no longer there. He let out a strangled gasp as his eyes found Anti a couple feet away, watching him ball his hand up and causing the string on his neck to tighten. The gasp turned into a whimper as the pull ceased and Anti, satisfied, smirked.

Still, this puppet was unbound by the strings as of yet. Henrik had moving room, unlike some of the stronger egos Anti had gotten his paws on previously.

Anti hummed as Henrik stood, never taking his eyes off of his captor, and moved to sit with his back to the wall.

"Curse again, it's one of my favourite sounds," Anti taunted.

Henrik swallowed, shaking his head. Any other time he might, just to go down with the pain that would follow, but he was on a brave streak.

"Wise choice," came the mumble after.

"I have had enough of a break, don't you think? I am getting nighttime vibes out there, is it midnight beating time yet?"

Anti's brows raised. "You want me to knock you out, you stupid little puppet? You'd like that, wouldn't you? So you don't have to be weighed down by the despair plaguing your being. Because you miss your brothers and it physically hurts to know the next time you might see them will be when you're gone there to kill them all-"

"STOP IT."

And the glitch listened for a moment, enjoying the broken sob that escaped the doctor, watching his shoulders shake as he failed to hold in more.

"Submit, puppet. The promise I can always make is one to take your pain away."

Henrik shook his head again, violently, barely even hearing him over his own noise. "SUBMIT."

Their eyes met shortly and the doctor tried to turn away, but Anti was faster, glitching over and capturing his face, rubbing the tears off and filling his own eyes with static, Henrik's following quicker than usual.

Anti threw the useless puppet to the floor, done playing for the night; Henrik got what he wanted, after all.

.

I sincerely hope everybody is safe out there. There's a lot going on right now that needs to be talked about but your mental health and well-being is important too; take breaks if need be.