just the beginning (puppet/strings fic)

"You're scared. Absolutely trembling under my hand. But have you ever thought about why it is that you're so frightened? Is it because you were told you should be, or is it because you have this... idea of me. Tell me, you've been here for, what, two weeks; have I hurt you at all in that time?"

The hero continued shaking. If he had anything to blame it on, it would be the chill Anti's fleeting hand left behind, unnaturally cold and seeping even through Jackie's weather-resistant jumpsuit. He refused to speak.

"I'll say it for you, then. Two weeks. Fourteen days. 336 hours. For comparison, in just one hour I can take over the city's entire electrical grid."

Anti raked a hand through the hero's hair and tugged on it lightly to make him look up. "Now think about it. If I could do so much damage in a single hour, imagine what I could have done to you in our time together. Either talk to me, or I'll keep you another two weeks, and this time I won't be so nice. I'll beat you, get in your head and make you think you deserve it. I'll make you forget your brothers, until there's only me and my punishment and two weeks that never seem to end."

Jackie avoided his eyes and clenched his teeth against the frigid hand touching his scalp. Still, he didn't speak.

"You think you're being brave by not answering, don't you, boy? You're foolish. Just a child. Could have sworn you were supposed to be the smart one."

Jackie shifted in his seat. His back ached from his uncomfortable sleeping arrangements - a makeshift bed of a blanket on a cellar floor - so when Anti pulled him sideways, Jackie felt it. Finally, a noise.

But just that. The hand in his hair moved to his face, squishing it to pull him up. Jackie lifted a leg to leverage himself, then knelt.

His teeth dug their way into his bottom lip, biting hard. Don't show weakness; if he knows it hurts, he'll give up. And then what?

"You have a voice, hero," he spat. "Use it."

The scariest part, he realized when he met Anti's eyes, is that they weren't Anti's. Staring deep into them made him sink, drowning. The familiar blue of Jack's eyes stared back like great waters and in his daze Jackie didn't realize Anti had let go and walked away.

Jackie's hands were tied behind his back and as much as he wanted to wipe at his face to rid it of whatever filth was on Anti's hand, all he could do was shrug a shoulder upward to his scruffy beard, watching wearily as Anti brought two hands to his own face and scratched.

They stopped in sync and faced each other, and the blue reverted back into pools of inky black. Anti's right eye twitched erratically as his mouth curled into a grin. Jackie's shoulders fell and he set his mouth in a straight line as Anti approached yet again. "Maybe you aren't so broken after all."

On his knees now, it was harder to move and escape, but he tried. The hand gripped into his hair again, throwing him to the side and he kicked out, only just missing his mark.

"Can't hurt me, hero. Even if you managed to land a blow. Go on," he held an arm out. "Try again."

The next kick landed, or so Jackie thought; Anti's arm dematerialized in front of his very eyes, then reappeared, and the anger flared. He flipped to his back and kicked with all his might.

"For someone who's not talking-" Anti backed away from the next kick, bored with the game already, "-you sure know how to make your intentions known. Though I think we've both known for a long time that the first chance you get you'll try to kill me. Now you know it won't be as easy as you thought. I'm not easy to weaken. But you might be."

Jackie's jaw clenched and he swallowed against a sudden tightness in his throat. His legs ceased in their paths and the rest of his body relaxed quickly after. Anti moved out of view, then right back in, and he leaned over him, pressing fingers to his throat as though checking for something-a pulse maybe. Nodding, he replaced them with a cold thumb and Jackie's body stiffened, a pained gasp escaping him.

Whatever was on his thumb was now making it's way into Jackie and he watched with disgust as Anti licked off the rest of the red gel. Raising a brow at the mixed emotions on the hero's face, all Anti could say was, "have fun," before he stood and walked away again.

Jackie's legs fell completely limp and straight against the floor, and his fast, ragged breathing was the only sound for what felt like hours.

The pain subsided into a tingly numbness by the time Anti came back, but it was only a brief glance, as he opened a door and disappeared through. "What's the matter?" He called. "Not soft enough for you?"

Jackie cringed inwardly. The tingle got better with Anti's presence, and he realized what he'd let happen by not complying.

He tried to shout out a foul curse, but his voice wouldn't come.

If he lowered his voice, however... "You did it."

"I did." Jackie could swear he heard the condescension in the glitch's voice, and he walked back in, inky eyes sparkling in the overhead light. "I did, my puppet. And it's the worst thing that could've happened to you."

.

A/N: open ending because I like corruption and puppeting but its hard to write. I need to practice at some point XD

I've done one similar where Marvin was the puppet (called Strengthen) and it was like a potion or something that made his strings appear. Jackie's a little stronger so a gel instead of a liquid for him.

Anti's just fucking gross.