17. Misunderstood

"Excuse me what?" I asked. "A date," said Ivan as he took another sip of my grape juice. He had finished all the vodka so the only think left to drink was grape juice. My grape juice.

He took one more sip and looked at me. "I was thinking just you and me and we can get to know each other," said Ivan. I rolled my eyes. "Well I'm not interested," I added. "You don't have an option love," said Ivan. Before I could reply my phone vibrated. It was a message from my Mom saying that someone showed up to her doorstep claiming that she and Dad had won a vacation to London. I looked at Ivan.

"You're kidding right?" I asked. Ivan smiled. "Momma look!" shouted Marshall as he came in running with a toy Ferrari. "It's a Ferrari," said Marshall. I smiled knowing that he was now starting to communicate better and reach out of his shell.
"Well have you seen a real one?" asked Ivan. He looked at me. "Do you have one?" asked Marshall excited. "Yes, I can show it to y-" "No!" I shouted. "Aww," whined Marshall. "Buzz Kill," muttered Ivan as he sipped the now empty cup of grape juice.

"Please Momma!" shouted Marshall. "No Marshall," I said standing up and taking my cup from Ivan. "You need to leave," I said glaring at him. "What a shame, I guess I can't show off my new expensive red Ferrari," said Ivan a little too loud.

___

"WE'RE HERE!" shouted Marshall as he opened the door to Ivan's CLA. I was about to get out when Ivan locked my door and stepped out, walked to my side of the car and opened the car door for me. "Love," he said as he took out his hand for me to take.

I ignored it and clutched onto my purse before stepping out. I looked out and saw that we were at an expensive restaurant. No, not those five star ones I'm talking about ones that get over 10 stars.
As we started walking towards the entrance I noticed that the car park was filled with lavish expensive cars. Cars more expensive than my life could ever be. "Ladies first," said Ivan as he opened the door for me with a cocky smile.

I rolled my eyes and held onto Marshall's hand before stepping inside. Once I stepped inside I wanted to go back out. This place screamed upperclassmen. Everything was just too, perfect.
I looked around and before I knew it some old man was heading towards me. "Mr Black! What a pleasure to see you again," he said. Ivan gave the man a charming smile before reaching his hand out to shake. Black? So that's his surname. "Vincent," replied Ivan. Rude much. "Oh and who is this I supposed?" asked the old man. Ivan turned to me with a smile. I saw his hand reaching towards my waist when I cut in.

"Workmate, I'm his workmate," I said as I moved to the side. "Oh...amazing," said Vincent. "I'm surprised that Mr Black works with people," said Vincent. He then gave off a small laugh. And as more annoying as things could get Ivan started having a conversation with Vincent. Business, business, business.
I was so distracted that I didn't realize Marshall tugging onto my hand. I looked down and saw him once again hiding behind my legs. "I wanna go home," he whispered. I gave him a small reassuring smile and looked around. Gucci, Chanel, Unnamed brands, sushi, expensive stuff and-shit.

I stared at the person who I least expected to be here.
I tugged onto Ivan's arm. "Ivan, we gotta go," I said as I looked at the figure. Ivan held my hand and continued speaking to Vincent. Old hag was keeping him occupied! I looked at the figure before he turned to my direction. I looked the other way and started braying to God.

Skinny Joe