Epilogue.

A life full of promise.

HIS REVENGE

~|•

Carter Defray Lynn.

Remember when I said I wanted to get pregnant, yeah, I regret it, I'm officially regretting it now more than ever because I'm fat, I'm moody and I just puked breakfast into the nearest trashcan I found. "Are you okay?" Saint asks and I narrow my eyes on him. "Do I look okay?" I retort and he smiles. "Practically glowing." He replies and I roll my eyes. "I feel like shit, I made my mate sleep on the couch, then I went and tried to molest him." I was utterly embarrassed at what this pregnancy was putting me through, Saint was laughing his ass off when I told him, which never made me feel better. "I never thought pregnancy would do this to you, and you off all people to lose control like that, hilarious." He blurted out and began laughing again.

"I will kick you I swear." I warned him and he stopped then  looked at me blankly. "Can you even see your feet?" He asked again close to bursting into laughter again. "No." I reply with a whine and he actually started laughing again. "Ha, chill momma." He soothed but I still tried to smack him even when he ran away to avoid me. "I will get you back for this, you'll get pregnant again soon enough  and I will torture you." I promised as he raised his hands in surrender. "Fine, I'm sorry cherry, I won't tease you again, well not on this particular walk anyway." He rectified and I groaned looking away from him. "So is there a reason why you got me to walk with you through the pack, I know its famous for beautiful people and even more peaceful sunsets but I can tell you're feeling something, I don't want to pry it out of you." I told Saint who seemed to deflate when I finally spoke up on his intent.

"I want to go back." He began. "Go back where?" I cautiously asked even if I knew where he meant, I wanted him to say it. "To Sandton." He said it, clear as day without hesitating. "And you're worried because?" I asked and he scoffed. "I thought you weren't going to read on my emotions." He accused but I raised my hands in a simultaneous surrender and defence. "I've been through this a lot of times, I don't need to be a shrink nor an empath to know you're worried." I replied and he nodded in understanding. "What you did in Kholis, what you achieved, I want that for myself, I want to make peace with my life, get back that piece of me that's still in Sandton, and fully move on, I'm just worried that I will make things worse come back with my family divided and hurt." He finally confessed, his true emotions toward the matter.

"So you're not even going to try and make peace, just give up and live your life with existence of a what if over your head?" I harshly questioned, he was my friend but he needed the truth, as a friend who loved him, I owed him that. It's not that easy. " He argues lowly. "Facing your rapist isn't easy but every victim has to at some point, to forgive themselves for it, to give their soul peace, nothing is easy in this world, if it were, you would've never been betrayed, never fought to be Kyro's husband and never got to where we are now, life threw some hella big obstacles our way but we fought, we walked through the pain and hurt, now here we are, its not easy facing your past, I spent months debating going back but I realized I needed to, not because of what's there but because I needed it, my soul needed it and my mate, needed me whole." I say it all out, say everything he hadn't wanted to hear and some of what he did.

"Im scared." He asserts and I try my best to hug him, baby bump and all. "If you weren't scared, you wouldn't be ready to go back, the presence of fear shows growth and also the presence of courage, they go hand in hand, you just have to be ready to face your fears head on." I express wiping his tears away, he nods as we fully part but I knew, my words had gotten through. "When do you plan on going?" I questioned. "I commissioned the building of a Foundation there to help wolves and humans who've gone through traumatic experiences in life, when it's finished and its soon, that's when I was planning on going." He responded sighing heavily, this was something he truly wanted to do yet he was afraid.

"Do you want more of my advice?" I asked and he chuckled. "At this point, you shouldn't ask." He retorted and I chuckled along with him. "Family, it makes you stronger and you can handle a lot with family there, so I suggest going with the Dante clan, they would have the perfect opportunity to make dramatic entrances." I offered and the idea seemed to brighten up his eyes. "That way, I wouldn't be doing this alone, sorry but Im not a one man army badass like you." He apologizes and I wave it off. "I'm only a badass because of family, plus you did come as backup, I wasn't exactly alone there." I pointed out which he nodded eagerly. "So I think it would be best you go with them, but first, you tell them, or tell your mate then plan, then plan some more, then go." I advised him just as we began to circle back, Dwayne would worry if I was out of the house without checking in for too long, even if I had someone with me, he was still overprotective, we had slight complications during the start of the pregnancy and he hasn't moved past it.

"Your advice has been taken and will be put to good use." Saint finally speaks up and I nod with a beaming smile. "So you're planning my baby shower huh?" I teased and his eyes almost popped out of his head. "How did you k—wait, I just gave it away didn't I?" He asserts and I burst out laughing. "Damn you and your cheap tricks." He swears as I laugh even more, I had thought Lani, Lincolns' mate would be the one planning it, now I knew it was him. "I won't tell a soul I promise." I offered. "What will that help, you'll just figure out something about the party again and then I would need to change it." He accuses but I shrug it off. "Maybe you should start thinking like me more often." I offer and he literally tries to kick me. "Hey, pregnant man here, my mate will murder you when he sees you trying to assault me." I threaten which causes a scoff to come from his lips. "He can't do nothing to me." Saint boasts and I aim to wipe off the smirk on his face.

"Oh, okay, here he is, tell him." I mutter and he froze. "Here, where?" He frantically looks for him and I burst out laughing, so much for not being afraid of him. "I hate you." Saint grumbles as we get to my house. "You know I love you, take care of yourself apple pie." I exclaimed as we tried to hug but the baby bump still got in the way, I loved it more than I was annoyed by it. "Take care of this little guy cherry, I will swing by tomorrow got papers I need you to sign." He explains and I nod. "Im always around, maybe we could even bake!" I yell as I wave him off. "Yeah, maybe!" He yells back just as I close the door behind me. "How was the walk dream boat?" Dwayne asks as I walk into the lounge and make myself comfortable on his lap. "Refreshing." I told him leaning down to kiss him.

"So the baby's room is done, I got a ton of toys delivered thanks to you, some of them Khalil and Wayne claimed, now all that's left is finding the perfect name for this little dude we're adding to our family." He asserts with a question and I think it over. "How about we name him after your grandfather?" I suggest and he thinks it over too. "Theophilus Dunkan Defray-Lynn." He says it all and it sounded perfect. "Its perfect." I whisper as his warmth draws me in and lulls me to sleep, I was at peace, now more than ever.

+++

Thank you for Voting + Commenting + Sharing + Following and Reacting.

It's been a pleasure writing this book, thank you so much gor supporting me, I truly appreciate it.

Saint_Jay