5 Things Part5

I didn't realize until now that I didn't have a 5 Things PART5. Dearly sorry, here you go.
5. He thinks ahead for Hazel.
The door of Cabin 13 creaked open for the first time in months.
A shadowy figure slipped inside unnoticed by the other campers who were heading off the bed for it was almost 8 P.M. Step after step, the floorboards screeched under the figure.
"Dang it, can these floors be any more loud?!" Nico thought, walking slowly towards what was his bed.
Groaning as quietly as he could, Nico lifted the heavy mattress off his bed and prepared himself for the wooden bed frame.
Nico prayed to the gods that he wouldn't break his back when dragging the bed frame a few feet away from its original spot. Apparently, they weren't listening.
"Gah-! Erhm...!" Nico made a series of strange noises to express his anger and pain. Stomping on the creaky floor, Nico stopped when he saw what he was looking for.
A floorboard stood out from the others, something your toe could easily stub, an a lighter shade of brown than the other floorboards.
Nico gave a sly grin before kneeling before the special floorboard.
Gripping the board, Nico gave himself a countdown to prepare himself.
"3...2...1!" Nico grunted as he tore the board from the floor. Multiple chips of wood flew across the room as the floorboard snapped in half.
Nico cursed. He was going to have to replace that pretty soon.
Underneath where the floorboard was torn off of, was dirt. Nico, however, didn't seem displeased at the sight and dug his nails into the soil farther and farther until he felt something.
"Aha! Gotcha." Nico unearthed the large glass jar that was about half a yard tall, filled to the near top in coins and dollars. Written on a peeling piece of tape in sharpie was, "Hazel's College Funds".  
Nico reached deep into his pocket and pulled out several hundred dollar bills, along with 38¢.
Opening the glass jar, Nico placed the money with the rest and returned the jar to its place.
Several months ago, Nico had overheard his sister talking to Frank about college. Hazel said how much she desired to go to a college up in New York so she could remain close to her brother, but was in need for her college fund. That day, Nico thought about simply asking his father for money, since he is the god of riches, but felt that was cheating or unfair. Hazel wanted to go to college as a shot of being somewhat close to the average amount of normal, and the money must be earned.  Since then, Nico has had three jobs, slowly but certainly earning more the half of the money Hazel needed to go to college.

A/N: I apologize for such a short chapter and my absence. I wrote but never finished this chapter about a year ago, so I just recently finished it as a start to get this story going again. I missed my readers, and honestly just writing this story in general. Since it is summer, I hope to pick up this story and continue it. Thank you for staying by my side despite my inactivity.