Secret Best Buddies

Despite how they act around each other when around others, Nico and Leo were secretly best friends.

They would wait until everyone was asleep on the Argo II, go into the engine room or Leo's room, and act like the kids they never got to be.

They would often wrestle, make forts out of pillows and blankets, watch childish movies, and sometimes even play with the occasional action figure.

Leo taught Nico Spanish, while Nico taught Leo Italian.

Nico also taught Leo Mythomagic, he seemed to be the only person (besides Frank) who actually understood it...well, sort of.

One night, while they were wrestling in their fort, watching Frozen, throwing Mythomagic figurines at each other, Hazel came down to get a glass of water when she heard muffled laughter. She poked her head in the engine room to be amazed at the explosion of childishness in the room. Sheets of blankets were hung here and there, making a maze. Elsa was singing Let It Go in the corner of the room, on a small television. Mythomagic cards and blueprints were scattered across the room. Pillows were laid in a line on the floor as if a child were jumping from pillow to pillow pretending the floor was lava (IF YOU HAVENT DONE THIS, I BELIEVE YOU HAVE NO CHILDHOOD). And there in the middle of the room was Nico and Leo in their pajamas, Nico; who had Leo in a headlock; was currently laughing the most joyful youngest laugh Hazel ever heard.

"What are you gonna do about it, Valdez?" Nico smirked.

"This." Leo said, as he grabbed Nico's back, flipped him over Leo's head, and put in a full-Nelson.

"You been practicing that, haven't you?" Nico groaned through the uncomfortable position he was currently in.

"Yup! I practiced on Jason, boy, was he mad."

Hazel then slowly pulled her head back out, and silently closed the door. She then sighed, and walked back to her room, thinking she was still sleeping.