Chapter 5

Caila's P.O.V.

Thursday morning came early and thank god I recovered from my drinking last night because while I didn't have your typical hangover symptoms I was just exhausted. I quickly got up and walked downstairs for my coffee before coming back up, putting in my morning mixtape, and started putting on my makeup. After I finished I decided to toss my hair up in a messy bun and I walked to my closet to toss on some ripped skinnies, a plunging grey t-shirt, my combat boots and my black leather jacket. I pulled my purse off the hook on the back of my door and made my way to the kitchen finishing off my coffee before fixing to go mugs for Toni and I, taking my meds and heading out the door to school. Toni, Sweet Pea and Fangs decided to ride their bikes today so I headed straight for school.

As I got to the school I took my usual spot next to the bikes of the Serpents. I saw Sweet Pea leaning against his bike smoking, I jumped out cups in hand and shut my door. "Morning hot stuff." I said as I approached him. "Morning." He said lowly. "I didn't know you smoked." I said as he took a drag. "It's not something I do often." He said and I nodded. "It can still kill you. " I pointed out. He smirked before flicking it to the floor and stomping on it. "I know, now your starting to shake. Let's get inside." He said and we rushed inside and through the metal detectors. Toni stood by my locker and I handed her the coffee before opening my locker and pulling out my algebra books. "So you excited for Jughead to start here?" Fangs asked walking up. "I am, very excited for my best friend to start with me!" I said excitedly as I closed my locker. He nodded. "Good, I think if he sticks with us he'll be fine." I nodded. "That's gonna be a problem but I'll talk to him." "Okay well, we have to get to class. See you guys at lunch?" Toni asked and Sweet Pea and I nodded. As she walked away we quickly walked into our class. "You ready for the day?" He asked and I shook my head. "I'm never ready." I said and he chuckled behind me.

~~~

Lunch time came and I was sitting with the Serpents as usual and looking for Jughead. "Find him yet?" Sweet Pea whispered in my ear and I shook my head as shivers went down my spine. Suddenly I caught sight of his black hair. "I'll be back." I said getting up and walking over to him. "Juggie!" I said rushing over and sitting next to him. "How is your first day going?" I asked as he closed his book. "Not bad so far, i'm not dead yet!" I laughed. "As long as you stick with us you'll be okay." He tilted his head. "I'm not getting involved with anything." I shook my head, "We're still looking out for you." Suddenly one of the guys cracked a joke at the table and we laughed about it when out of nowhere Betty, Archie and Veronica came up behind us. "Jug?" We whipped around surprised to see them. "What are you guys doing here?" He asked. "Proving to you we want you at Riverdale. Can I talk to you outside?" Betty asked and Jug nodded, getting up and following her outside. I stood up hugging Archie and Veronica.

"So good to see you guys. How do you like Southside high?" I asked like it was the most magical thing on earth. "It's different." Veronica said as Archie threw his arms around our shoulders. "I said the exact same thing when Sweet Pea asked." I laughed out as we walked outside, us three standing away from betty and Juggie. "Who?" Archie asked. "The really tall, dark haired guy I was practically attached to during the funeral." "Oh." Archie said before scrunching his nose in distaste. "He's actually very sweet Arch." Suddenly Veronicas phone buzzed. "Thanks for trying, I'm gonna be with Jason now?" She read a text and looked at archie confused before it clicked. "Oh my god." "What?" "Where would Cheryl go to be with Jason?" Archie thought for a moment. "Sweetwater River." "Oh my god we have to go! Guys we have to go!" She got Betty and Jug's attention. "What's wrong?" Jug asked. "I think Cheryl's going to kill herself." Veronica spit out. "Why would you think that? She just said she wanted to visit Jason, maybe she wants to go sit by the river. That's a big stretch V." Betty asked and I shook my head. "Surprisingly enough suicidal behavior has indicators. Has she given any of you anything?" I asked and Veronica and Jughead nodded. "She gave me her HBIC shirt and she gave Jughead her spider broach." My heart sunk to my feet at her words. "To the jeep! Hustle!" I yelled out sprinting for my jeep in the parking lot. As we approached I spotted Sweet Pea by his bike. "I'll be back! Watch my bag!" I yelled getting in my jeep and backing out of the spot before Archie even closed the passenger side door.