Chapter 14

"Get up!" I jumped at the sound of yelling, looking over to see my dad standing over my bed. "What the hell?" I grabbed my phone seeing it was 7:45 in the morning. "Watch it. Get up." He said sternly, I laid back rubbing my face. "Why?" I covered my face with a pillow. "You're going to start training again. Now up." I sat up quickly, staring at him. "You said you wanted me out of Multi-Gun after the break-in." He nodded before looking back to me. "I did. Now with the way this town is going to hell, I want you back in. Now up!" His voice boomed as he walked out of my room. I groaned getting up and walking over to my closet, I grabbed some bootcut blue jeans, a long sleeve grey shirt, and a fitted Motley Crue shirt to go over it. I changed and pulled my hair back, popped in my contacts, and slid into some boots. 

Walking downstairs I met dad in the kitchen, he had two water bottles. "Alright, the last two days I have worked on setting up a course for you. You will start with pistol, move to rifle, then to shotgun." I nodded at him. "Good, follow me." I followed him out to the garage where he lead me over to his work bench. "Plugs." He said handing me a pair of ear plugs. "Take your pick and meet me outside." I looked down at the two guns I used to use when I trained, almost immediately I grabbed the Smith and Wesson. I grabbed my belt out of the safe and two extra clips, making sure I had all the ammo I needed before walking out to meet dad. I walked around and saw a few targets spread out, dad was standing at what would be classified as our starting point. "You ready?" He asked as I stood by him. "Yeah." He nodded as I got set, making sure I was loaded and safety off. "Ready?" I nodded. I heard the beep and immediately took off.

~~~

After three long hours of training, running the course, practicing to better my aim and running it again I was free to go shower. After I showered I got dressed in a vintage white UT sweatshirt and ripped denim skinnies, my stomach rumbled and I realized I haven't eaten today. I grabbed my phone, scrolling through my contacts and clicking on Betty's name. "If you call me Betty boop, I will hang up." I laughed as I pulled out my hair dryer. "Fine fine. I was just calling to see if you would like to join me at Pop's for lunch? I haven't eaten today so ya girl could use some good food." She laughed and I heard her moving around. "Sure, I don't have plans with anyone till later." I clipped my hair up to dry it faster. "Meet me at Pop's in say 20?" I could almost see her nodding. "See you in 20 Kaykay!" I smirked. "Bye Betty boop." The call quickly ended and I laughed loudly before drying my hair. Once I was done I didn't feel like straightening it so I did two dutch braids, my hair ending in the middle of my neck. I grabbed my purse and slipped on some grey canvas slip-ons, before going downstairs. 

"Hey mom?" I asked as she turned to face me from the counter. "What's up?" I skipped over. "You love me right?" She rolled her eyes. "What do you want?" I went to the cabinet and pulled out the seasonings she'd need for the tacos. "I asked Betty to Pop's for lunch, could I have some cash?" She sighed loudly. "You're so needy. There's some cash in my wallet take whatever you need." I smiled as I pulled out a twenty. "Thank you. Maybe now that we've somewhat settled in I should get a job." She nodded. "We'll get through Christmas and see how your grades hold up, then we'll talk about it." I nodded as I grabbed my keys. "Thank you mom! Love you!" She yelled back as I walked out to my jeep, getting in and heading for Pop's.

When I arrived I caught Betty sitting at a booth across from the counter, I rushed over as she stood up for a hug. She squeezed me tightly before we sat down. "So I know we haven't spoken much over the last few days, how's Southside High treating you?" "Well, it's a little easier to get help in class when you're like one of five that care. Plus I have made some really great friends!" She smiled at me. "On your own?" I laughed. "Yes, just because kids back in Missouri weren't fans of me doesn't mean I'll be disliked here." Pop's walked over, "What can I get you ladies?" Betty looked up at him. "Can I just get a burger and a strawberry milkshake?" He nodded and looked to me. "Can I get the chicken finger plate with a Mr. Pibb and a strawberry shake please?" He nodded before walking back to the kitchen.