16 | comfortable

"Thank you for accompanying us today, Euijin

"Thank you for accompanying us today, Euijin." Said Euijin's senior as he shut close his laptop, indicating that they were done for the day.

"No worries about it, senior." Replied Euijin, taking her time in packing her stuffs into her bag. "How many new programmers are you aiming to hire?"

"I'm looking for maybe two or three. One will be in our team while the others will go into the other teams." Explained her senior, to which she nodded in acknowledgement. "What about you, Euijin? Have you made up your mind?"

Euijin sent over a faint smile before replying, "I think I'll continue to work as a part-timer, senior. I'm aware that it means I'll be transferred to the general team and we won't be working together anymore."

"Yes that will be the case. But we'll still be seeing each other often regardless so there won't be much difference." He reassured. He then stood up, joined by Euijin as the two walked out of the room.

"Thank you for today, Euijin. Do you want to grab lunch with me?" He asked as soon as they stepped out, catching Euijin in surprise as he started talking casually to her.

Euijin smiled before respectfully rejecting his offer, "I'd love to but I have plans. Let's have lunch together next time with Hyunji too."

He nodded at the rejection before bidding goodbye to Euijin.

"Well, I saw you rejecting that offer but I'll just try my luck. Want to have lunch with me, Miss Universe?" spoke a voice from behind Euijin. His voice was soft and muffled from the mask he was wearing.

Euijin turned around to meet the eyes of the man she promised to meet up with. He was standing quite a distance away, leaning on his side against the wall.

"In case you don't remember, it was you I made plans with." Euijin said, walking closer to the man dressed in a cozy blue hoodie.

"Hey Jinnie,"

"Hey Mark," she returned his greeting. One could easily tell he was smiling behind his mask from the curving of his eyes.

"So, lunch with me?" He asked, standing up properly to face the girl standing before him.

"Of course," she replied. "The cafeteria? I mean, not that there's any other place we can go to."

"Actually, there is." Mark said, "Follow me."

Mark walked in the direction opposite to the direction of the cafeteria, but Euijin followed him nevertheless.

"Where are we going?" She asked after seeing Mark pressing the button of the elevator.

He gave her no reply, instead raised his eyebrow in a teasing manner. As the doors of the elevator opened, he urged Euijin to enter before himself.

"I've never been to another floor in the building aside from where our office floor is."