50 | an angel

Date: 22nd April, 2022

The ring of their doorbell was a surprise to Euijin who were intently watching the drama playing on her TV

"Hye are you expecting anyone?" Asked Euijin, not finding it in her to walk to the front door immediately.

"Nope! Could be Chenle though. He treats our place like his second home." Hyera replied from her room, her bedroom door open as she wanted to accompany Euijin.

Euijin stood up from the couch, making her way to check who was waiting by the other side of the door.

"Oh?" was her reaction upon seeing the other person. Immediately opening the door so as to not make the other person wait, Euijin greeted him with a smile.

"Hello, I'm your special dinner deliverer tonight!"

His formal greeting made her laugh, inviting him inside as she helped take some of the bags he was carrying.

"What are you doing here, Hyuck?" Euijin asked, her voice raspy as she wasn't feeling entirely well.

"I heard from someone that you've been skipping meals since university started so an angel was sent to take care of your meal tonight." Donghyuck replied, unpacking the bag of groceries on the kitchen island, "The angel is me."

When he sent a wink her way with his last sentence, a laugh erupted from her. "Thank you angel."

"What do you want to eat? I bought a bit of everything so I think I have enough to make anything you want." He asked, paying his full attention to her now. Although she had a smile on her face, he couldn't ignore the swollen eyes of hers and the exhaustion that was visible on her expressions.

"Can you make a meat dish? I haven't eaten meat in a bit and I feel like I need to eat some." She requested, to which he immediately nodded his head in response. "I'll help you out."

"You should rest, you look tired honey." The use of the nickname made her smile. He hasn't used the nickname on her in a while so it was a nice surprise to her.

Half an hour passed as Donghyuck prepared a meal for her. Hyera walked in halfway through him cooking and disturbed her friend who were trying her best to help the chef.

"Thank you for the meal angel," Euijin thanked as she carried her bowl into the living room. Settling herself on the couch once again as the final episode of the drama then starts playing.

"Which episode is this?" Asked Donghyuck as he joined to sit on the couch with his meal.

"The last episode." Euijin replied.

A small "Oh." came from the man, before he said, "Are you sure you want to watch this now?"

Euijin paused the episode, and turned to face Donghyuck with a surprised look on her face. "What do you mean by that? You've watched it?"