53 | it'll be awhile

"I'm home!" Euijin's voice echoed through the living room of her shared apartment

"Welcome home honey,"

She immediately recognized the voice, a smile curved on her face upon hearing it.

"Hey angel," she greeted, dropping her bag on the floor before she then dropped herself lazily on the couch on the empty spot next to where Donghyuck was lying on.

He chuckled at the way she was lying on the couch, her eyes barely open and her hair messily covering her face. Donghyuck left for the kitchen, returning with a glass of water which he offered for the tired lady, "Water?"

"Thanks," Euijin replied, taking the glass of water as she sat up. "How did you get in? Hyera?"

He nodded, "I came here with Chenle. They're out to get ice-cream together."

"Cuties," Euijin muttered before she took a sip of the water.

Donghyuck smiled, "You find them cute too, right? I can see them together as a couple."

"They do look cute together," she nodded, smiling at the thought of her two friends, "Have you eaten? Did Hyera cook anything for you guys yet?"

"Nope, Chenle begged Hyera to get ice-cream even before the thought of cooking dinner could reach her." Donghyuck replied, faking a cry as he held his tummy to show his hunger, "You just had dinner with Jeno right? Should I order something in?"

She hummed, "I treated him to a belated birthday dinner."

Feeling guilty for the starving man, she thought of what she could do for him and an idea came to mind. "I saw this recipe a few days ago and wanted to try it out. Should I cook it for you?"

The male chuckled, "You're going to cook for me?"

Offended, Euijin side-eyed Donghyuck where he continued to laugh harder, "The recipe looked simple."

Scooting closer to Euijin, the pair looked at the recipe she was showing on her phone screen. He hummed, saying "Looks simple enough. Pass it to me and I'll prepare the ingredients while you freshen up."

"Alright! I'll be quick."

Her enthusiasm made a smile form on Donghyuck's face as he watches her leave for her room. Until she was out of sight, only then he headed for the kitchen to prepare for the meal Euijin was planning to cook.

When Euijin returned, Donghyuck had prepared all ingredients nicely in small bowls, waiting for her to finish while he waits by the counter.

"Sorry if I took long," she apologized, taking her slightly damp hair in her hands while her eyes search for her hair tie.