52 | regrets and acceptance

Mark's POV

Mark's POV

It was tense, the air in the meeting room where all of us were gathered together.

A few of our staffs were working on their computer, attempting to fix the problem while Woojin was waiting for Jinnie's arrival outside the meeting room upon hearing that she was on her way.

The opening of the door grabbed everyone's attention. Exhales of relief echoed in the room as Jinnie walked into the room, worry evident in her face.

"Are you guys all okay?" Asked Jinnie, immediately walking to Jeno whom seemed to be the most tense. The other kids immediately circled around the two. I was hesitant.

"We're all fine. Thanks for coming, J." Jeno replied, patting her shoulder in gratitude.

"What about you, are you okay?" Asked Donghyuck, standing next to her.

"I'm fine. I heard about it while at campus. I'm glad everyone's fine, I'm really sorry I couldn't come earlier."

"Hey, you came here as quick as you could. I should thank you for that." Jeno replied, a reassuring smile on his face as she returned the same smile.

"I don't think they managed to solve it yet." Jaemin said, eyes looking over to where the staffs were seated.

Seeing the frowned expressions on the faces of the staffs, she went over and checked if there was anything she could help them with.

And I was still frozen in my spot.

"We can't figure out where it's coming from." Shared a staff, recognizing Jinnie as a former staff of Bubble.

"Can I check the Bubble program again?" She asked, seating herself on an empty seat before getting busy with the laptop a staff passed to her.

As she busied herself with the inspection, the members waited nervously. A look of hope was in Jeno's eyes as he watched her, desperately hoping everything would be resolved soon.

I hoped for the same, but there was also this wave of sadness that immediately drowned me the moment she walked in. Unknowingly, my finger wiped away the tears that was about to escape my eyes as I looked away from Jinnie for the first time today.

Jaemin who noticed the sudden wave of sadness walked over to me, patting my shoulder before bringing me out of the room to get some air. We didn't go far, staying just by the door so I could still hear and see what was going on inside. So I could still see her even if it's from a distance.

"It's Bubble." Jinnie said. Her short sentence made everyone in the room shift their attention immediately. "This code here. It's the source."

Her hands quickly worked its way to fix the bug.

"Can someone check if his location is still up online?" She asked just as she finished fixing the code, watching as a former colleague of hers take action.