Chapter 42 - The brothers Hook

✩.・*:。≻───── ⋆♡⋆ ─────.•*:。✩

The brothers hook

✩.・*:。≻───── ⋆♡⋆ ─────.•*:。✩

It was late at night, owls were hooting in the sky, and a breeze was gently blowing as you, Varian, and Sophie sat around the campfire. For once, you choose to remain up with Sophie rather than pondering the group's next course of action with Rapunzel.

"So that's why I was so terrified that day," Sophie explained, poking at the fire with a stick. "I'm not sure who he's looking for, but I'm guessing it's because of the three of us. After all, you are the royals' adopted daughter, and Varian is already considered a villain in Corona,  no offence Varian." Sophie rummaged through her bag and pulled out a necklace that you recognized.

Varian rolled his eyes, sighing, “None taken.”

“That necklace… are you sure it’s his?” You asked, feeding Leo a slice of apple.

“I’m positive. I know each and every emblem and who they belong to. Hubert made his quite easy know who it belongs to.” Sophie turned it around, seeing a small H on the back. “They're not many of these, but every single one of them has a slightly different design, representing the holder of it. I have my mother's too, I threw it down the void back at the great tree yet I found it again in the rubble before we left… Kinda glad I did, to be honest.”

Varian hummed in thought, splitting an apple in two for Sebastian and Ruddiger, “I dont know. This sounds quite suspicious. What if he placed that there knowing you would find it. What if he wanted Sophie to know he’s after one or all of us so he could distract us? Should we tell Rapunzel?”

You considered for a moment, how Rapunzel might handle the situation?  She'd simply do what her heart tells her to do. However, based on how exhausted you've been in the last week and Cass's hand. Telling them about something so harmful isn't the greatest option. At the very least, you should keep away from the drama for a bit.

“We can't tell her. It’ll take her off track if we did. Besides we need to go to the dark kingdom.” The wind became much stronger, blowing directly into everyone's faces. Making it difficult for everyone to see. That wasn't the only thing that blew in your face, though. A poster.

“Argh!” You yelled, “What in the poster?” You took the poster off your face, seeing a man you knew very well at one point. Hook hand. “Hey, that's Hook hand!” You gasped.

“Hookhand?” Varian looked at the poster, “West Ipsil… That's not far away from here… Should we go?” Varian asked

Sophie looked at you confused, “Hookhand? Who’s he?” 

“Oh, of course, you won't know. This is Hookfoots brother. He used to be at the snuggly duckling before he got his destiny being a pianist.” You explained, putting the poster in your pocket. “I used to be good friends with him. And he helped me, Max, and Sebs get Eugene out of the dungeons and save Rapunzel from the tower.”

“Woah, that long ago huh?” Sophie hummed in thought.

Suddenly shouting burst from the distance,  of course, it was Eugene, “What's with all the noise over there? Some people need their beauty sleep you know! And Varian, if  Ruddiger has eaten all the apples again I swear-”

“They're all there, Eugene!” You all ran behind a tree, “How many do we have left?” You asked.

Varian checked the bag, “One.” He smiled awkwardly.