Chapter 12 - Of Heroes and Villains

WARNING: panic attack

"I. Am. BORED!" Toga announced, kicking her legs over the back of the tatty couch. 

"Then go do something. Sharpen your knives or chase Twice, I dunno." Dabi sighed, sick to death of listening to her complain.

"Or you could make yourself useful and help us track Blue Crossed." Shigaraki snapped, not even looking up from the map he was studying. He and Kurogiri had managed to find a battered copy of a Musutafu map in storage and had marked on each of the locations where Blue Crossed had successfully landed an attack. 

"Don't dignify that Villain-ripoff with a name. All he's got is a run of luck." Dabi growled, becoming increasingly irritated with the constant mentioning of whoever the hell this 'Blue Crossed' guy was.

"How're you so sure it's a dude?" Toga giggled. "Could be a lady making the Pros fall all over themselves." 

"He, she, they, whatever. All I know is that I don't care about them." Dabi huffed and turned back to the TV, already annoyed. 

"Hey, guys!" The door suddenly swung open and in sauntered the one, the only, the double-agent: Keigo 'Hawks' Takami. 

"I do care about you though." Dabi lazily pointed towards to the Pro and beckoned him over. Hawks collapsed into Dabi's lap, legs hanging over the arm of the couch. Safe to say he'd completely made himself at home at the Villain base. 

"Got anything?" Shigaraki asked, glaring at the Hero. He hated having the enemy in their hideout, but so far he'd proven a valuable asset by providing inside information on the Hero Society. 

"As a matter of fact," Hawks leaned up and pointed to the League of Villains' leader, "I do." Shigaraki didn't say anything as he waited for him to continue. "After Blue Crossed's broadcast  today, they've decided to place the Todoroki's under protection at U.A."

"The burning-trash-can included?" Dabi asked, sceptical of the prospect that Endeavour would be so easily swayed to take a step back from the Hero scene. 

"Yep! He didn't even argue after Eraserhead gave him an earful." 

"Props to that guy. I've always liked him. Cool hair." 

Hawks sent his partner a sideways look before continuing with his message. "They've still not made any progress with tracking the broadcasts though. Whoever this is, is a pro at what they're doing." 

"Might I make a suggestion?" Kurogiri spoke up, still focussed on the glass he was polishing. 

"Go on." Shigaraki said after a moment. 

"Would the prospect of a team-up be out of the question?" He said, eyes rising to Shigaraki for a split second, before returning to the task at hand. 

"With... who?" Their leader asked slowly, hoping this wasn't going where he thought this was going. 

"The Heroes." Kurogiri said breezily, as if he hadn't just committed a cardinal sin of Villainy.

"No." Shigaraki turned back to his map, completely dismissing the idea.

"No, but wait-" Hawks sat up and perched on the edge of the couch.

"No."

"Just hear me out!" He held his hands out as if he were calming a puppy. Hawks had been working with the League for months now, sufficient time to learn each of their little personality quirks and which lines not to cross. Shigaraki was more of a puzzle to figure out, the complexities of his moods and the array of things that could trigger a reaction - good or bad - but Hawks was confident he had finally worked them out. "Both of you are formidable organisations, but neither of you have been able to make any sort of decent progress on the case. If we combined our strengths and resources we might have a fighting chance. Plus, I highly doubt this is a move Blue Crossed is expecting us to make; we'd have the upper hand."