Chapter 20 - The Kaminari Boy

WARNINGS: injuries/blood

The boys didn't waste any time after their harrowing experience in the kitchen. 

They were out the house and making their way towards U.A. as fast as their collective injuries would permit. Neito had taken a moment to wipe the blood from Midoriya's and Hanta's face and arms, though a trip to Recovery Girl would be necessary to remove the glass impaled in them. Midoriya had managed to ramble his way through an explanation, and Neito and Hitoshi gathered that the injuries were the result of the intruders Quirk. 

They stumbled through the entrance to U.A., and Hitoshi groaned. Of course it was still lunch. Students lined the halls, chatting and completing last minute homework. Neito hooked his arm around Hitoshi's waist to help him along since the stab-wound was beginning to bother him. The bandages had started to work loose after their trek through the streets, and the gauze was chaffing against the still healing skin, making it raw and sore.

Midoriya wiped his sweaty hands on his trousers as he led the charge through the school. He hadn't suffered as many cuts as Hanta, the glass having only grazed him in certain places. Hanta hadn't been so lucky. Blood was still trickling down the black haired boy's arms as well as the exposed skin on his neck and face. 

Students gaped at them as they passed. Granted, it was an odd sight. The two boys from the hospital rumour, the 'rat of Class B', and the guy with a strangely powerful Quirk in the Support Course. And on top of that, Hitoshi's arm was in a sling, Midoriya and Hanta were dripping with blood, and Neito wasn't insulting someone. The crowds parted as they stormed the halls, jaws dropping and concerned looks being thrown their way at every turn.

"Dad's gonna kill us." Hitoshi laughed drily, receiving more than a few confused mutterings from those who had overheard. 

"We probably already look half-dead." Hanta said as he tried dabbing his arms on his shirt. He hissed when the cuts stung, and instead opted to hold them out to the sides. Neito rolled his eyes as he watched the Hanta spreading the trail of scarlet further across the hallway floor. Shota really was going to kill them. 

Before they even managed to reach the stairs, the bell had rung and students started filing out of the halls and into their respective classrooms. By the time they reached the floor with the 1A classroom tucked away on it, Hitoshi was out of breath and Neito was seconds away from dragging them all in the opposite direction towards Recovery Girl. He'd wanted to do that from the start, but the others had insisted they go find Shota first - a decision he wished he'd opposed more sternly at this point. 

Stumbling down the hall, they finally came upon the familiar sight of the towering 1A door. 

Midoriya didn't bother to knock as he pushed the oversized door open.

"How many times do I have to tell people?" Shota's irritated voice rung throughout the room. "You people never kno-"

He sucked in a breath as he watched the boys hobble into the room, bloodied and tired.

"What happened?" He growled, fury burning within his chest. 

"Quirk attack." Hitoshi's knee buckled, and Midoriya barely caught him before he hit the ground.

"At home." Neito added, eyeing the class. The majority of them were staring, mouths hanging open in shock.

"Who?"  

"Didn't see their face." Hanta said, looking over his many cuts. He really should have gone to Recovery Girl first. Shota rolled his eyes and looked to Midoriya for a further explanation.