3

TW: talk of depression, serious bullying, blades and people telling others to die.

George walked down at sat at his table, number 4 and watched as the lights shined down on the host of the award ceremony. Clay, who was sitting at the table right next to George, smirked and winked at the brunette. "Psst! George, you look good in a suit." Clay whispered as George ignored him completely. "And the award for the best VOUGUE photoshoot and modelling goes to... Clay Kingston!" Clay walked up to the stage with pride. He didn't care about any of the others, all he cared about was George and how to piss him off more with his awards.

"So Clay, how do you feel knowing you have achieved this very difficult award, also knowing it's practically one of a kind?" Clay peered down at all the others, who were gazing at him, unlike George who was staring off into space. "I am extremely thankful for this award and I am very proud to have opportunities like this that open up new possibilities for my company, friends, and family." Clay gave a small nod as he clenched his trophy in his hands.

"That's something you are thankful to have, isn't it? A happy and supportive family." The host began, handing Clay the microphone. "I am very thankful for my family supporting me throughout my business. At the very beginning from when they helped me start by using their own money. So special thanks to Drista, Mom, Dad and everyone who has supported me on my journey." Clay handed the microphone back and let the host continue. "You're lucky to have such a supportive family, unlike your someone, but I won't say any names." The host winked, causing the audience to burst into a fit of laughter as George sat uncomfortably.

George stood up, and scoffed heading  for the bathroom to hide from others as Clay watched him.

Clay snatched the microphone from the host and began. "All of you shut the fuck up laughing. Business is business, family is family. Don't bring shit like that up, it's a fucking trumatic past you're bringing up there. Imagine waking up every morning having to count what little pennies you have, and not being able to have enough to afford bread. Well now look at George. He's a fucking multi billionaire and can literally buy all of you, so I suggest you all fuck off and you..." Clay turned around and made direct eye contact with the host. "Get this man fired, now." Clay dropped the microphone on the floor and made a run for the bathroom too.

It's not that him and George were friends, it was the fact someone was messing with someone else's past trauma. He still cared about George, enemy or not.

He saw George leaning over the toilet with one arm on the cubicle wall and another on his knee. "Are you okay, George?" Clay asked, rubbing his hand up and down George's back.

"Y-you got him to say that, didn't you?" George muttered. He looked like he was refraining from bursting into tears. You could tell he was holding them back.

"What! N-no! Of course not, that's horrible." Clay took a step back, out of the cubicle and let George have his moment. George barged past Clay and leaned forward, clutching onto the sides of the sink. "I'm retiring." The brunette sighed. Clay's face dropped, as well as his jaw. The only excitement he got was from George, really. George was the reason Clay was motivated to get rewards, and that was to piss off George and gain an excuse to talk to him. George was the only person he could talk to and have a one sided laugh with. "Y-you can't!" Clay stuttered, turning George around. "It's too much...My dad was the only person who helped me through this and now look at me! I'm getting laughed at by everyone because he's gone! I have enough money to retire at this age anyways and besides, it's one less problem for you." George bit the inside of his cheek and started spinning the ring around his finger.

"George, those people in there are absolute fucking idiots, that's why they are the ones who don't get rewards. You can literally buy their whole lives, besides, I got hom fired." Clay stepped forward and leaned around George to see his facial expression.

"Why? You hate me." George didn't sound stressed anymore. It sounded like weight had been lifted off his chest but he didn't want Dream to know.

"Hate is a strong word."

"Exactly." George mumbled.

"I don't hate you."

"What do you mean?" George looked up at Clay and let go of the sink, still fidgeting with the ring on his finger.

"Well, business is business and what he said back there is disgusting. I have some past experiences that effect some things I tell people. So to know he's messing with your past just ruins me." Clay lowered himself to see George's face again. George sighed as he stood up straight and brushed himself off.

"What do you mean by preferences? If you're okay with telling me." 

"I got badly bullied for being the gay kid. It got to the point where I was put on anti-depressants and anxiety medication because of the bullying. They called me slurs practically every day and would mock me all day. On the bus to school and at the school they poured energy drinks over me, threw bottles and oranges at me, put gum in my hair and threw the blades from pencil sharpeners at me telling me to use them on myself. One day I walked into class like usual and my desk had the f slur and sentences telling me to die written on it in permanent ink. I'm okay now but it got to me, y'know? It was like that for 3 years until I had a panic attack when my parents were driving me to school. I told my dad I was gay and he was really mad at me but my mum wasn't. Eventually my dad was okay with it as my family helped me and he realised what I had gone through. Sorry if me being gay makes you uncomfortable by the way. I only really tell people I trust and I can trust you."

A/N this all happened to me at school and the teachers and bus drivers did nothing about it so that's what it'll be like for Clay. no my parents don't support me either and i didn't come out to them, that bit was made up because i wanted a happy ending for myself and the character. 💀

"I'm genuinely so sorry, I never knew about your past. You don't make me uncomfortable either. What ever your gender or sexuality is I'll support." George finally looked Clay in the eyes for the first time that day and gave him a soft smile.

"That's exactly why I stuck up for you out there, idiot. You're too kind to get treated like that."

"Thank you." George held his hand out for a handshake but instead Clay just hugged him, picking him up slightly and moving him side to side.

"Handshakes are shit, besides, this isn't business, it's care."

"I hate you." George smirked pulling away from the hug to be put down.

"I hate you more." Clay smirked, sliding a piece of paper into George's pocket.

1255 words