12

Dream had came back from the photoshoot to a very sick George. He didn't look well so Dream took it upon himself to take care of him. He held his hand and walked up up to his bedroom, later coming back upstairs with a hot chocolate and a hot water bottle to make George feel better. Dream was sitting with his legs crossed watching TV, while George was laying on his thigh, looking up at Dream as he thought.

"If you hate me so much, why do you act like you care?" George asked, with atleast 4 different blankets piled ontop of him. Dream looked down at George laying on his thigh, he sounded like he genuinely wanted to know.

"Because, no matter how much I try and convince myself I hate you, I can't because I love you."

"So you don't hate me?" George asked, lifting his hand out from under the blanket to hold Dream's hand. The difference between their hand sizes always made Dream laugh, but he always loved holding George's hand because he like to show affection in any way possible.

"Not one bit, I never did hate you. I tried to put on an act where it seemed like I hated you so I could hide the fact I loved you, it's just the public perceived it as I hated you when all I wanted to do was convince myself."

"Well, you're not too bad." Dream looked down at George, who was obviously smiling like an idiot. He never really felt safe with anyone. There was always someone getting close to him to ask for money, but Dream didn't want money, he just wanted someone to love and someone to care for.

"I'm not too bad? Didn't I just make you hot chocolate, give up my bed for you to get your sickness germs all over and I also gave you a forehead kiss."

"And what's special about a forehead kiss?" George questioned, making Dream roll his eyes because he had to explain it.

"Because, I've never gave someone a forehead kiss before. You're special so you get one."

"I'm special to you?"

"I'm trying to say I love you." Dream put an emphasis on the 'trying'. He said he loved George all the time, it was hard for him to do so, but the emphasis on 'trying', made it seem like he was trying to say it with a different meaning. After that clicking in George's mind, he still decided to ask incase he was wrong.

"You always say that to me though? Why is it different, you can just say it."

"It's alot harder than you think. It's just difficult to say certain things like that."

"You've said it before to me."

"That was very different. All the times before have been playful, and sure, they did have a meaning behind them, all the times I have said it have had a meaning. When I'm really genuinely trying to tell you I love you it's difficult. I've explained how important love is to me, I've never been in love and it's horrible to think of all the consequences. So, calling you other things or saying you're other things just make it a little simpler for me, I guess. Sorry if it's all confusing. I do love you, just saying it in a specific way makes me feel all weird and paranoid."

"Well, you're special to me." George looked up at Dream and locked eyes with him. It was the perfect time to kiss but Dream wasn't ready and George was respecting that. If Dream had his boundary of not wanting to kiss him yet, then George wasn't ready until Dream was.

"So, you're saying you lov-"

"No! Well, yeah but not saying it properly."

"You was going to kiss me wasn't you?" Dream laughed. George put a hand on Dream's cheek and forced him to look away from him. He was going to kiss Dream, he wanted to to so badly.

"You don't want to yet so I'll kiss you when you are ready. If you aren't ready to kiss me then I'll just wait."

"Thank you for being patient with me, idiot."

"It's okay, but when you're ready you have to give me the best kiss ever. Pinky promise on it so you can't go back on it." George held up his pinky infront of Dream's face. Dream moved back slightly to see and eventually wrapped his pinky around George's, showing he wouldn't break the promise.

"I pinky promise I'll give you a kiss when I'm ready."

"The best kiss, may I add." George pointed out, just incase he forgot and didn't give him the best kiss ever.

"Yes, I pinky promise you I'll give you the best kiss ever when I'm ready to." Dream smiled and slouched down while straightening his legs out. George sat up and laid down on Dream's chest instead as he wanted to be closer to Dream to hear him better, not to take sneaking glaces at him, of course...

"I'm sorry, George." Dream said randomly.

"For what?"

"I just am, I don't know what for but I feel like I have to apologize for something. Have I done something that's ever hurt you?"

"No, Dream are you okay, you never act like this. Normally you'd be flirting or doing something that'll annoy me. What has made you upset all of a sudden?"

"I'm in love, that's the problem."

"Are you scared I'm going to leave you?"

"Kind of, look, I'm okay, I just am feeling off or something. I might have caught what you've got."

"Dream, I like you too. Was that not obvious 2 days ago?"

"Right, sorry."

"Stop saying sorry."

"Sorry- wait."

"Idiot." George scoffed and laid back down, hiding his face in the many blankets they had got in the bed. Dream ruffled George's hair and played with it for a while. He felt alot better after getting that off his chest. It felt comforting, like everything had been reset and all the things they said before were definitely now marked as just playful banter.

"Bitch." George finally replied.

"You're my bitch, what do you mean?"

"See what I mean by your mood change?"

"Only because I thought I was boring you with my depressive sob story."

"You don't bore me with anything you talk about."

"Okay let's do less of the sad stuff and go back to me being the most hilarious, funny, cool, and amazing person ever." Dream jokingly flattered himself

"Idiot."

"My bitch."

"I'm okay with that."

"Being my bitch?"

"Mhm."

"No one else's."

"Couldn't think of anyone who deserves me to be their bitch."

"Love you."

"Maybe."

who ever gives me an idea ill give a virtual kiss and hug 😙