Chapter 4

A/n I don't know what to write here, but look forward to the next two chapters. They'll be very important. 

-----------------------------------------

Y/n's POV

Mari and I are walking together.  We meet Alya at the bottom of the stairs and start walking again.

Everyone is talking like usual, but one name keeps popping up. Lila. I turn to Alya, who I can always trust to be up to date on what's going on in school. "Who's this Lila girl everyone's talking about?"

"Yeah, she just started at our school!" She points to a girl standing next to Adrien. "She even gave me an exclusive interview for the Ladyblog, 'cause Ladybug saved her life once! Watch!" She brings up a video from the Ladyblog, which I half pay attention to. 

"Who is this girl and what is she doing next to the love of my life?!" Marinette's crush rears it's head again. It's a bit upsetting that she makes these declarations of love despite not being able to have a normal conversation with him. 

"Lila's got the most incredible life, and now she's going here. She's totally awesome!" Alya seems to really like Lila despite not knowing her for more than a week.

"What?! Don't say that! This is super bad, what if Adrien totally falls for her?! I've never flown in a private jet; nobody's ever written a song about me; and I don't know a single person in Hollywood! Adrien will forget I even exist!" Marinette is once again spiraling into dispair. So I'll try to cheer her up.

"Mari how could you!? Did you forget the song I wrote you in middle school? I'm hurt." Mari seems like she might calm down, but Lila grabs Adrien's hand and leads him away.

"Where are they going? You two, we've got to stop them!" Alya simply walks off, staring at the Ladyblog. 

"What's going on? I mean has this Lila girl hypnotized everyone or something?" Marinette seems pretty upset. I have to say I agree with her. It sounds like this Lila is just feeding everyone a bunch of lies. But I can't help but think at least part of this is about Adrien. 

"I agree with you Mari. But are you sure this isn't at least partially about you being jealous?"

"Huh! Me, jealous? No way!" She excuses herself and takes off after Adrien and Lila. I sigh and start heading home. I forgot to pack a lunch and I'm starving.

----------------------------------------------

Walking home, I let my mind wander for a bit. Marinette seems pretty upset with that Lila girl. I agree that Lila is probably lying to everyone, but I know she's making a big deal out of it because of Adrien. I start getting a little nostalgic, remembering what things were like before we started High school and Mari started crushing on Adrien. Adrien is a cool guy and a good friend, but I miss the days where it was just Mari and I against the world. We would go to the park together, Mari would invite me over to help her with her designs, she would design costumes for Halloween. I remember my twelfth birthday, inviting Mari and her family to the aquarium. It was beautiful. She was too, showered in blue light, so happy to be spending the day together. 

Then she met Adrien, and after a while he was pretty much all she talked about. She would ask me what I thought she should do, what topics she should bring up if she talked to him, if he mentioned any foods he particularly liked. I promised her I would help her get together with Adrien. Why did I have to be so stupid? I'm kind of glad Mari is so awkward around him, so I don't have to worry about them getting together yet. But what if Adrien wises up and starts seeing everything that makes her so incredible? I know exactly what will happen if they do get together. At first, nothing much will change. Then they'll want to spend some more time just the two of them, but they'll still make time for our friends. For me. Then, she'll start to get more and more distant, and eventually we'll stop hanging out alone, and eventually I'll be left alone to wallow in my stupid one sided feelings.