Chapter 15

A/n Hello once again. Aside from the finale, this is the last season two chapter I'll be writing. Then we'll be in season three. We're in the endgame now.

---------------------------------

Y/n's POV

I arrive at the Césaire household with Nora. We both go to the same kickboxing gym, but I just went to watch her match this time.

"Thanks for letting me ride with you."

"No problem squirt. It's the least I could do after you came out to support me." I hate when she calls me that. 

"Stop calling me that please. I'm above average height for my age. It's not my fault you were born a giant."

"No way! It's funny, plus you always keep calling me Nora. When are you gonna start calling me Anansi?"

"When are you gonna read the story of Anansi? It's the story of a weak underdog using cunning and trickery to overcome his challenges. You're a meathead bruiser and built like a truck. And you hit like one too." I rub my side gingerly, remembering a good hit she gave me in our last sparring match.

"Hey! Are you calling me dumb?" 

"No, I'm saying you're approach to combat is simplistic and straightforward. Hit it till it stops moving. If that doesn't work, hit it harder. If you were more calculated or slowed down and used your instincts, you would land more of your hits. I would be in for some trouble."

"Whatever, you sound like the coach. Strength is what matters in a fight. That's it."

"Oh yeah? Then how come I beat you two times in a row?" I take a swig of my water.

Nora looks embarrassed, looking away. "Whatever, pipsqueak. I'll beat you next time." 

"Uh-huh." We arrive at her apartment and walk in.

"Aw, shoot. Did I miss the ballet?" Nino and Alya are playing a dance game. They did pretty well, I wish Nora would stop making fun of Nino though. Mari waves to me, as does Adrien who's joining over video call. I walk over and say hi to both of them.

"Nora, is your match over already?" Alya asks. I'm glad I could watch this time. Seeing Nora against other opponents was something else. I wasn't kidding when I said I'd be in trouble against her. 

"First round: total knockout." She punches the air to show off. "As usual." Then she leans over to Alya and whispers in her ear. I know exactly what they're talking about. "The name is Anansi, like a spider." She says that last part to everyone else.

"Sure, I'll call you Anansi when you stop calling me little sis." 

"Anyway, what are you all still doing here this late? Don't you have school tomorrow?"

"We're waiting for it to get dark. It's the World Cup  fireworks show tonight, remember?" I always enjoy fireworks, but I've never really been into the World Cup or the sport in general. Oh, look at me! I can kick a ball into a net faster than that guy! I can stop a ball better than this guy! Martial arts like kickboxing and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu are so much cooler. Where else do you get to show off how strong you are, and beat up your opponent?

"Oh no! Baguette, pipsqueak, and cappie can go with cellphone boy if they want, but you're staying here. It's way too dangerous." Nora's a good friend, but I really don't like how overprotective she can get. It's grating at times.

"But Nora- I mean, Anansi, you can't do that!" Marinette speaks up for the first time since I got here. Things have been a bit awkward between us since what happened with Marc. Why is it that when we finally get back to normal, something comes up and makes it awkward again?