Chapter 23

A/n Hi. That was a short wait wasn't it?

----

Y/n's POV

Marinette and I are currently getting our mock exam scores back, with Mari complaining about Lila. The teacher calls Mari to the front and pulls out the answers to the exam. Marinette is quick to blame Lila, but everyone still comes to Mari's defense. 

"Marinette, Lila, please go to the principal's office until we get to the bottom of this." I have a bad feeling about this. I don't want to say that Mari's obsession with Lila is justified, but I know firsthand that Lila isn't who she pretends to be.

"Ms. Bustier, can I go to the bathroom?" I need to be there to see whatever happens.

"Y/n? You just got back from the bathroom. Please sit down." Great. I hope this doesn't end up poorly.

---

Mari is being accused of pushing Lila down the stairs and stealing a necklace. The necklace was found in her locker and now she's being expelled. The worst part is the cloud of akumas swarming us. One of them heads straight for Marinette. I go to grab it but it dodges out of the way. Looks like I've become a bit too predictable. I grab Marinette's hand. "Mari, please calm down." 

Turning to me, the scowl on her face lightens for a second. All of a sudden everyone returns to normal. 

------

Alya and Marinette are talking about how to prove Mari innocent, only for her to be called away by her parents. A little while later I see Ladybug on the news. Applying my disguise I start running. By the time I get there I see two Ladybugs, Cat Noir, and Mayura. Hawkmoth even shows up. He manages to take Cat hostage. I go to kick him in the back of the head before he can notice me, but Mayura yells, "Behind you!" Now I've been taken hostage too. Great. 

"Well, look who I found. A pile of deadweight in a ski mask."

"I know you're evil, but do you have to hurt my feelings too?"

"That depends. Are you going to actually help Ladybug and Cat Noir, or are you just going to be their cheerleader?" That stung. I didn't want to do this, but I'm busting out my secret weapon. I bite down on his wrist. Hard. He loosens his grip long enough for me to slip out of his hold.

Ladybug is unwilling to put Cat in jeopardy, but Hawkmoth is unwilling to endanger Mayura. Strange.  At an impasse, both sides give up their hostage and we retreat.

-----

Lila for some reason has stood up for Marinette, and she's allowed to return to school. I don't know what caused her to do that, but I know that Lila still can't be trusted.

-----------

A/n Hi there. Sorry again for the long wait. Among other things, I'm losing my motivation. Luckily this story is almost complete, and I'll be able to move on to different stories. Thank you for sticking with me. Sorry for the lackluster chapter. Peace.