Chapter 17

A/n Hello once again. I hope you all are having a fantastic day.

-------------------------------------

Y/n's POV

I wake up early to a phone call. I was up late last night stopping August with Ladybug and Cat Noir. I was hoping I could sleep in, but I guess not. Reaching blindly for my phone, I put it to my ear.

"Hello? You know it's like, seven in the morning on a Saturday right?"

"Sorry. Is this Y/n? I hope this is the right number." Strange, usually only Mari would call me this early.

"This is he. Who're you?"

"You don't recognize my voice? And here I thought you were a fan." Wait, that tone...

"Cat Noir!?" I sit up straight in bed, wide awake now.

"The one and only. Sorry if I woke you."

"Oh, I-I uh... I don't mind. Did you need something?" Sure, I saw him just last night, but that was strictly business. The Cat Noir is calling me, a civillian.

"Yeah. I was hoping we could talk. I need some advice." 

"Y-yeah, sure! Do you wanna meet up somewhere?"

"Yeah, can you meet up with me at the park by the bakery?"

"Sure. I'll see you there soon."

"See you."

Getting out of bed, I pull of my sweatpants and t-shirt and throw on something a bit more presentable. It's not everyday a superhero asks to hang out. I grab my drawstring bag, just in case.

"Mom, I'm heading out!" 

"Really? You usually don't wake up until nine. What's the occasion?" 

"Emergency meeting."

"With Marinette?" Why does she have to tease me like that?

"No, but I'll be stopping by on the way back. Don't wait up." I throw the door open and start running.

-------------------------------------

Arriving at the park, I don't see Cat Noir anywhere. My phone rings again and I answer it. 

"Look behind you." Turning around, I once again see no one. Turning around, Cat Noir is inches from my face. 

"JESUS!" Leaping back, I trip over my own foot. Cat Noir grabs my shirt collar and pulls me to my feet. He breaks down into laughter, hunched over.

"Sorry, sorry. It was just too good to pass up," he says through gasps. 

"That's the second time you've startled me as a greeting. Do you get a kick out of it?"

"Yeah, kinda." He wipes a tear from his eye before straightening up. 

"So, did you just call me here to prank me? Because if so, I'm gonna get something to eat from the bakery." It's cheat day after all. 

Cat Noir looks embarrassed at that. "No no! I do actually need some advice. It's about Marinette."

"Mari? Why?"

"So, last night we were fighting the giant baby again. Ladybug took his pacifier with her, and when I went to get it back Marinette was there. I mean, it was her house but I would've expected her to have hidden herself from the villain. So, I thought she may have been watching us fight because she might've been a fan like her friend that runs the Ladyblog."

"Okay.... Seems reasonable to assume."

"But then she told me she was in love with me, and I was thrown for a loop."