Chapter 20

A/n Hello once again.

-----------------------------

Y/n's POV

I've been piled into a car with Mari, Adrien, Alya and Nino. Manon is riding in Mari's lap. I've been fortunate enough to be in the front seat, but Alya and Nino are forced to share a seat. Nino sitting on Alya's lap is pretty funny. 

I can hear them whispering, but Manon shouts, "Hey! Why are you leaving Marinette all alone? Don't you like her?"

"Huh, what're you guys talking about?" Mari turns to the two of them. 

"Nothing! It's got nothing to do with us leaving you and Y/n alone." Alya punches him in the side. "Uh...! To... look at the statues as, uh, just friends, of course."

I turn around to glare at them both. "Mari and I are best friends Manon. Besides, Alya and Nino are dating, I'm sure they want to be alone. I wouldn't exactly call a wax museum romantic though."

"Really? But I thought you and Marinette were boyfriend and girlfriend. She spends a lot of time looking at photos of you. She has an entire book of them."

"Well, yeah. That scrapbook was my birthday gift to her. Nostalgia, you know?"

"What's nostalgia?"

"It's that feeling you get when you miss the good old days." 

"I've never felt like that, though."

"Well, give it ten years. You'll miss being five soon enough."

----------------------------------------------

We all arrive at the wax museum. Turning to Adrien's bodyguard I say, "Thanks again for driving us. Can't have been comfortable driving around four teens and a little girl."

He just nods at me. I can never read that guy. A woman greets us outside, telling us that someone has stolen a part of Adrien's statue. What would you even do with it? We all walk into the museum as Manon comments on being allowed inside. Marinette is busy talking with Alya and doesn't hear her. 

Manon rushes in and finds a statue of Jagged Stone. She asks him for an autograph before the employee tells her that it's a statue. Manon runs off again and Mari and I chase after her. She's standing next to a statue of Nadja. 

"Look, Marinette! My mommy's a famous person too." Mari is distracted, so I grab Manon and place her on my shoulders. 

"Yep. You can be famous too, someday. What would you wanna be famous for Manon?" She gives it a few seconds of thought before shouting, "I wanna be a princess!

"Well, you'll have to work on your table manners before then. C'mon. Let's get back to the rest of the group. This is a big place. I don't want you getting lost."

We make our way to the workshop and find Adrien in a chair with a wax mold on his arm. Nino manages to scare Manon.

"C'mon! Let's go and play hide and seek and statues in the museum!" Manon tugs at my and Mari's hands. 

"Manon, we didn't come here to play. I'm sorry, but if I had known we were just going to be sitting here, Mari could've come here by herself and we could've gone to the park or something." She pouts and crosses her arms.

"We'll play with you. Marinette, Y/n, you take good care of Adrien. You can both stay here, chat about stuff." She winks at Marinette and I can tell she's up to something. Why does everyone insist on embarrassing me?

We both sit there in silence before Adrien speaks up. "Thanks for coming, you two. It would be really boring alone, and it's nice to have a friend to talk to. Come to think of it, we don't really hang out that much."