Chapter 19

A/n Hello once again. It's been a while. Not really, less than two weeks isn't that long right? Especially compared to the long hiatuses I usually have. Thank you to everyone who stuck with this book. 

--------------------------------------------

Y/n's POV

I'm currently cornered in an elevator with Ladybug and Cat Noir, with a villain firing at us. Cat Noir got hit, and I drag him to the elevator and hit the close button. Backing up, Ladybug gets hit as well. The villain turns their weapon to me, and I try to find a way to avoid the attack being charged. Leaping up, I hold myself in the corner of the elevator just as a blast burns the wall where I was a few moments ago. I'm glad that didn't hit me. The door closes and I hear another blast thud on the doors.

I run to the control panel and hit a floor button at random. Sitting down next to Ladybug, I shake her gently. "Ladybug, you need to get up." She's unresponsive. I really hope she's not dead. Placing my index and middle finger against her neck, I check for a pulse. Her pulse is calm and rhythmic against my fingers. Glad to see she's alive. Checking Cat Noir's pulse too, Ladybug stirs. Cat Noir wakes up as well.

"What happened? Who are you?" Cat Noir points to both of us. Great.

"I'm, uh, I—I don't know, I—I don't remember my own name!" Ladybug cradles her head in her hands. 

"You've both lost your memory, great. I have to babysit you both again. As if Marc wasn't bad enough, now you don't even know your own names. I'm Nobody, you're Ladybug, and you're Cat Noir." I point to both of them as I say their names.

"That's our names?"

"No, they're your superhero names. I don't know your real names." Ladybug's earrings start beeping, as does Cat Noir's ring. "But it looks like I'm about to find out. Great."

The transformation fades just as I turn around. "Woah." Cat Noir sounds awed.

"Ahh! There are giant bugs! Mice? Bug-mice!" Ladybug is freaking out.

"Calm down both of you. I assume you're both staring at two flying things, one that looks like a ladybug and one that looks like a black cat. Those are your Kwami."

"Kwami?" Four voices all ring out at once. Looks like the Kwami were affected too. Great. My job just got even harder.

"Yes, Kwami. I'm going to turn around, we're never going to get through this if I try to preserve your identities. Ladybug can fix it later anyway." Turning around, I see two people I know staring back at me like lost children. 

"Marinette!? Adrien?!" Mari raises her hand. 

"I assume I'm Marinette?" She says this with polite embarrassment, like a student would address a teacher with a question they should already know. I just nod dumbly.

"Oh.... my..... GOD!!!! My best friend is a superhero? How could I not have figured that out?"

"I'm your best friend?" Adrien asks. 

"No. I mean, you're a friend of mine, and we get along pretty well, but Mari is my best friend."

"Aww, that nickname is so cute!" The ladybug Kwami says.

"Do you know our names too?" The black Kwami asks. 

"I'm sorry, but I don't. I had no idea they were Ladybug and Cat Noir, and while you both met me once, I didn't introduce myself then. I needed to keep their identities a secret."

They both slump down, upset that I couldn't give them any revelations about their identities. Mari raises her hand again. 

"Nobody-"