Chapter 12

A/n Hello once again. I hope you enjoy this chapter.

-------------------------------------

Y/n's POV

I'm heading to the fashion show with Tom, Sabine, and Alya. Marinette's hat design will be modelled by Adrien today. She's already here, being shown around by Mr. Agreste's assistant. 

"Mari! Hey!" 

"She looks nervous." 

"No doubt. It's her first fashion show with her first professional piece, and not to mention: Adrien will be modeling it." I gotta agree with Alya. Thank goodness Mari isn't modelling it herself. It would be a disaster.

"How dilapidated is this place?" A blonde woman in a large hat and sunglasses walks over, Chloe of all people following her like a lost puppy. "And I have to share the front row with this group of low-lifes? Ridiculous! Utterly ridiculous." She plops down in Mari's reserved seat.

"Excuse me. That seat is reserved for Marinette."

"This Marinette girl, again?" I haven't interacted with this woman for more than ten seconds and I already despise her. 

"Let me handle this, Mother." Ah. Now I understand why she's so easy to hate. "Hey, losers! Do you know who my mother is? She's Miss Style Queen: the most powerful woman in the world of fashion. This show is for her, okay? So, get lost!" 

"Ah, Chloe. Good to see you, I just don't get enough bratty entitlement at school. Listen, I don't care if your mother is the queen of France. She's in Mari's spot. Besides, if you paid more attention in history, you would know that royalty and France don't mix. So how about you and your mother move to another seat, before I toss you both out by myself."

Chloe's mom looks affronted. "How dare you!? You're fired." She shoos me away like a fly. 

"Oh, no! Please, I need to keep this job! Think of my family!" Placing a hand on my chest as if I was shot, I fall over, pushing her off the seat in the process.

Mr. Agreste's assistant walks up, and I swear I could see a small smile on her face.

"Mrs. Bourgeois, Mr. Agreste has reserved a seat for you." Mrs. Bourgeois looks relieved. "In the second row."

Chloe's mom looks indignant and makes a call, only for it to go to voicemail. She storms off, and the assistant points Mari to her seat. 

"Thank you, miss. Can I ask your name?" She seems like the type of person that doesn't take crap from anybody. Reminds me of Mom.

"Nathalie Sancoeur. I assume you're Y/n. Marinette mentioned you." Mari looks slightly nervous. She must still be worried about the hat and Chloe's mom.

"Thank you for showing Marinette around." 

"It's my job."

"And showing appreciation for a job well done can make someone's day."

Ms. Sancoeur smiles again. "Enjoy the show young man." She walks off, and I turn to Mari who has been talking with Alya. Suddenly, glitter appears and starts pooling together on the runway. It's Chloe's mom. 

"A fashion show without the queen of style? Glitterally unacceptable!"

"Is this supposed to happen? I've never attended a fashion show before." Tom is a great guy, even though he can be strange at times. 

"No it isn't. You and Sabine need to go. I'll get Mari and Alya to safety." They both get up, creeping away slowly, trying not to attract the attention of Chloe's mom.

"Where is that ungrateful Gabriel Agreste? I demand that he kneels before me!" 

She turns Adrien to a statue, causing panic all around. I take this opportunity to lead Alya away and change into my disguise. I don't know how helpful I'll be given how mobile this villain is, but I have to try. 

------------------------------

I wasn't able to keep up at all. After Ladybug saved the day all by herself, I give her a call. 

"Hey Ladybug. How'd everything go?"

"Not good. Cat Noir lost his Miraculous, and I had to fight her all by myself. And I maaaaaayyyy have lost a Miraculous as well." 

"That's really not good. Well, let's hope we can find it soon."

Running back home, I call Mari and make sure she's okay. After that, I crash in my bed and take a long nap.

-----------------------------------

A/n I know this is a short chapter, but it's really late and I need to go to bed. I'll try to update soon. Peace.