Chapter 10

A/n Hello once again. I'm still writing so far.

-----------------------------------

Y/n's POV

"Oops! Sorry Mylène. My bad! I think this is yours, Rose." Man, Marinette is really excited for this concert. Though I think I know why.

"He's not here yet." Adrien is supposed to be here. But given how strict his dad is, I'm not getting my hopes up. I'm not gonna tell Mari that, I really want Adrien to be able to join us too. 

"Hey Nino. Hear anything from Adrien?" Fingers crossed. 

"He had something to do with his old man. He said he'll come right after." Well I'll be damned. He might actually make it. Hopefully.

Anarka sees Mari cleaning and chastises her for it. Nino's phone rings and I can already tell it's Adrien. 

"Wassup dude?...Wow, what happened?...Whoa, that's real rough. Good luck dude, see you tomorrow!" Mari becomes dejected at that, I really don't like seeing her like that.

"Well it's not exactly the first time his dad's kept him from hanging out with us. Actually, I'd have been super surprised if he hadn't." I elbow Alya in the side. "Hey!"

"You don't have to say that." She rubs her side gingerly. Marinette places a statue next to the compass of the ship, and Anarka tells her off. 

"Maybe I'm just like this statue and Adrien's my compass. Maybe we're meant to stay away from each other forever." Marinette is taking this really hard.

" I think its the other way around. He's the statue and your the compass that goes crazy whenever he gets close! There'll be other chances, Marinette." Alya tries to cheer her up, but Mari still seems upset.

"That's what you said last time, and the time before that." Time to play the part I was made for: comic relief.

"I think you're both being overly poetic for no reason. You still see him at school, you'll find your moment." Mari thanks me with a smile. Anarka arrives and asks Mari to find Luka. Juleka has mentioned him a few times and he sounds like a chill dude. One of those artsy types. I think I'll introduce myself. 

We find our way below deck and meet up with Luka. Mari seems a bit flustered, wonder if I'll have to add Luka to the list of guys that have or had a crush on her. Probably.

"Uh! Hey, my name's Ma-ma uh Mamamarinette! Your mom sent me down here. The groove...uh... the group's waiting for you." Groove? Man this is great, I needed a laugh.

"Hello, Mamamarinette." He chuckles softly, and picks up his guitar. "Sorry. I tend to make more sense with this."

He plays a little tune for her, and they start talking about Jagged Stone. Then we all head up to the deck. 

"Hey there. I'm Y/n, Mari's friend." I hold out my hand. 

"Oh yeah. Juleka mentioned you a few times. She had a lot to say, actually." He takes my hand and shakes it.

"Good things I hope."

"Exclusively good things." Marinette puts on a really cute pout. She must still be upset Adrien couldn't make it. 

"So, you play guitar?" 

"Among other things, what about you?"

"I picked up guitar in middle school and fell in love. I'd love to learn flute though. I  learned guitar for the same reason as most guys. Trying to impress girls. Shame it didn't work though."

Mari speaks up for the first time in a while. "What are you talking about? Do you not remember middle school talent show? You had girls asking you out for weeks."

"Ah. So I did." She can be really dense sometimes.

"Yeah. Juleka was really impressed, kept going on about how she met this one guy who played as well as me." Mari's pout returns full force. She would be really scary if she wasn't so cute.

"I don't know about that. We'll have to see today won't we? Maybe make a game out of it?"

"Sounds like fun." I think Luka and I will get along swimmingly.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Arriving at the deck, I start passing out earplugs. Luka starts playing and the sound is enough to make my ears bleed. I look over to Mari.

"Mari, are you okay!?" 

"What?!"

"I CAN'T HEAR YOU! ANYWAY, ARE YOU OKAY?!" 

"WHAT!?"

My hearing starts to come back just as a cop pulls up to us. 

"Mrs. Anarka, are you completely out of your mind? I'm reading 160 decibels! That's 10 times the sound of a jet engine!" 

"You wanna check your math again? Y'know, just to be safe?" Maybe I shouldn't mouth of to a cop. Or maybe the mayor's daughter shouldn't have given me a distrust of authority.

"You just can't do this. You'll have to play something else!"

Mari suggests they turn down the volume but Mrs. Anarka refuses. Roger starts throwing tickets around. How has this bumbling beat cop managed to keep his job this long?

Suddenly the ship is covered with purple haze, and Mrs. Anarka transforms. When we refuse to play, she chains us up and puts us under the deck. After a few minutes, the chain connecting Mari and Luka falls to the ground.

"Wow, how'd you do that?" She pulls out a guitar pick. I don't know what witchcraft she pulled, but I want some. Soon after, Luka is captured, but Mari manages to escape. Soon he's chained up again, and is set next to me. 

"So... what's your favorite Jagged Stone album?"

Ladybug bursts in. 

"Ladybug, is Marinette okay?" I know Ladybug is the best at what she does, but you can't fault me for worrying. Especially since I can't be there to stop this. 

"She's safe, she's the one who alerted me." I breathe a sigh of relief, and Ladybug calls her lucky charm. She leaves, and a few minutes later the boat lurches and shakes, and then dissolves. Can't say I enjoyed the feeling, but hey, c'est la vie. At least everything is back to normal.

"It's still a bit loud by my standards and a couple decibels over the legal limit... but I'll let it slide on this occasion, after all it's the music festival." Nice. Adrien arrives too, and trips over a case with a keyboard in it. So now we have a keyboard player.

Going up to everyone I ask, "Hey, would you all be cool if I opened tonight? I've been practicing for a while, and I would really love to show off." Everyone is okay with it, so pulling out my acoustic guitar I start playing.

Halfway through, I catch Mari's eye. She blushes and gives me a thumbs up. Smiling, I pour my heart into the music. I wish I could play this song just for her, but I need to keep my feelings from getting in the way. For now, I'm happy enough with this. 

-----------------------------------------

A/n Hello. How did you like this chapter? I don't like fanfictions that make Luka into a jerk just to make Adrien more likeable. The main story does a good enough job of that by itself. And hopefully I've done the same for Y/n and Marinette. Let me know what you think. 

Peace.