Chapter Twenty-Five

Warning: the process of how babies are made will be mentioned (not actually happening) later in the chapter, so if this topic makes anyone uncomfortable, please do not read it. But it's only two short paragraphs so...

Anyway, it's your choice!

Sophie could only watch in horror as Fitz's fist collided with Keefe's nose. 

What. The. Hell. 

Fitz and Keefe, the two best friends. 

Fitz and Keefe, the two men Sophie admired. 

Fitz and Keefe... Who were now fighting over her, apparently. 

Jealousy could make good people bad. Lesson learned. 

If it wasn't for her, the two boys wouldn't be fighting. So surely Sophie should do something to stop them... Right? 

Sure, if things were that simple. They looked like two hungry wolves, or more like one wolf being attacked by another one. Keefe just stood there as Fitz punched and kicked him, muttering stuff under his breath. 

Sophie blinked. Yes, Keefe was just standing there, doing nothing to cushion the punches. How could she be so useless? What the heck, Sophie? 

She rushed forward and put herself between the two boys just when Fitz's fist came rushing forward again. Sophie felt her head snap to the side from the effect and felt something sticky on her chin. Her nose felt wrong, with blood coming out of it. It had been a while since Sophie had gotten a nosebleed, and she felt bile rise up when she tasted the blood in her mouth. 

Wincing, she felt her cheeks and nose.

"I- Sophie- I didn't mean to-" Fitz stuttered. 

She held her nose. "Keefe, are you alright?" She asked, her voice sounding weird due to her clogged nose. 

"I'm great. My friend definitely didn't punch me right now." Was his reply. 

Sophie threw a glance at Fitz, and he was looking at the ground. "Listen, Keefe, we need to get you back to the building. Can you walk?"

Keefe nodded, but when he took a step forward and almost fell to the ground if Sophie wasn't there to catch him. His eyes snapped to Sophie's, and it seemed as if he was tempted -- very tempted -- to say something, but then it fluttered back to Fitz and his lips remained sealed. Sophie then noticed that his legs were bleeding. When Fitz kicked Keefe, he must have hit him hard. 

Sophie lifted Keefe's arms and swung it around her shoulders, trying to walk forward. His arms were muscular; hard. Also, this was when Sophie realized how tall Keefe was. He was taller than her by about a foot.

"It's fine, Foster." He muttered. "I can walk... Sorta." 

Limping, he made his way towards the building. Mid-way through, they met Tam and Charlotte (holding a stick), and Tam supported him.

However, the building was still a long way to go. 

"Ish daddy okay? I watched Fitz kick him, and it wash brutal." Charlotte whispered next to Sophie. She picked her up. 

"Oh no, mama, you had a noshebleed?" Charlotte exclaimed. "I'm going to punch Fitz where the sun doesn't shine!"

Sophie blinked. "What did you say?" 

"I'm going to punch Fitz in the dick!" Charlotte repeated. "And no one will stop me! He injured my mama and daddy!"

"Char, where in the world did you learn about... dicks?" Sophie asked. Charlotte flushed crimson and muttered something about 'having a natural talent.'