Chapter Thirty

I made little changes to the ending of the previous chapter, so you might want to check it out before you read this chapter. :) 

Also...

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU FOR THE VOTES AND READS AND COMMENTS AND AND AND AND 

It means so much to me. T.T

Love you all!

(Btw, this chapter may be a bit boring, but it contains important details, so you might want to read it.)

Sophie didn't know where she was, or what she was doing. Heck, she didn't even know who she was or what reality was anymore. 

Pain greeted her once again, and she closed her eyes, hoping, praying for this agonizing moment to end. But it didn't. And yet, somehow, it felt as if Sophie was moving. Through what, she didn't know, but some force brushed her skin.

Her mind replayed the scene she had witnessed a moment ago, and she shuddered -- although she wasn't sure if it was from the memory or the pain. Probably both.

But it had happened so fast. One moment, Xena was there. In the next, she was gone. And Sophie hadn't known her for more than a couple minutes. What was going on with this world?

She felt something crash into her legs, but she was too absorbed in her thoughts that she barely registered it.

"Sophie!" A familiar voice shouted, and she was embraced in a tight hug.

"Oh my god, Veta? Eve? Keefe? Biana? Tam?" A scratchy voice said. "Where were you guys? Are you okay? Are you unconscious?"

Sophie felt something -- no, she could tell that she was supposed to be seeing something, but she couldn't comprehend what she was seeing. Her mind and eyes weren't connecting properly.

"Ow." Keefe's voice groggily said, but when Sophie turned her body to where the voice came from, she didn't see anything. She knew she had heard something, but at the same time, she was hearing different voices in her head, too.

Let go. It's fine, it'll feel better. It said, and Sophie was temped, so very tempted, to close her eyes that refused to be used and slip into wherever the voice was coming from.

But her instincts told her not to.

"What the hell just happened?" A rough voice, probably Tam, groaned.

"I dunno." Eve muttered. "But did Xena freaking die? We didn't even get a chance to talk to her! That ug--"

Sophie heard a cry and a scream. "No!" Veta yelled, and sobs could be heard.

"Woah, hang on." Sophie felt the arm that was supporting her shift, and she could tell that it was Fitz holding her. "What happened?"

"I k-killed her." A voice whispered. Veta.

Sophie tried to talk, but she couldn't. And the voices inside her head only seemed to get louder.

Come. We can set you free.

No. Sophie couldn't give in, not yet.

She tried to move, but it only made her head fog even more.

"Sophie?" A tentative voice said. "Are you okay?"

She wanted to talk, so bad. But she couldn't.

"Sophie!?" 

"Foster!"

She heard so many voices, but the more they talked, the more she seemed to slip away.

There you go. The voice whispered. Do you want to see her? Because I can let you.