same old, same old

edited

You were sitting towards the back of the class with your head down on your desk as you peacefully slept. You weren't necessarily tired you were honestly just bored. You were currently in english class and you wanted nothing more than to be home.

Suddenly, you felt someone softly shake your shoulder.

You slowly lifted your head while rubbing your eyes with your hands to see who it was.

It was Nam-ra.

"Y/n, the teacher is talking to you," she informed you.

Before you could say anything Ms. Park spoke up, "Y/n! Please stop falling asleep in my class. If you're that tired then maybe you should stay home or get more sleep," she lectured.

You heard the faint laugh of your classmates and this made you want to defend yourself and talk back, but you knew better, "Mhm, that's my bad," you apologized.

"Thank you," she nodded her head in approval, "okay class, let's continue."

You let out a quiet sigh as you turned to look out the window on your left.

You stared out the window for about a minute, but quickly got bored.

You turned your head to face to the right and tried to pay at least a little bit of attention to what your teacher was saying.

After like 2 seconds of trying to pay attention, you got bored and your eyes started to wander around the classroom.

You shifted your gaze around the classroom to look at your classmates.

Everyone and everything looks so boring and it was the same. every. singly. day.

It was always the same old green uniforms, with the same old faces, and the same old people.

It also didn't help that you felt like most of them didn't like you, or at least it felt that way. You didn't know if you were just paranoid or because you we're friends with Nam-ra, the class president.

For some reason most of them didn't really like Nam-at either. You didn't understand why though. Honestly, they're probably just jealous that she's smart and they're not. Well, you're not the smartest either, but at least you know better than to hate on someone for achieving something you simply aren't good enough for.

But, no matter how much you didn't wanna be like them, you'll always just be another nobody like the rest of them. It doesn't matter how highly you think of yourself or how big your ego is, because at the end of the day, you all still wear that same old green uniform.

You continued to look around that same old classroom, as if you haven't already seen it hundreds of times.

As you were looking around you noticed a boy looking in your direction.

It was your classmate, Su-hyeok.

When he noticed you looking back at him, a small smile formed on his face as he gave you a little wave.

You gave him a little nod in response. This made his small smile grow a little bigger, and you couldn't help but smile back at him.

Your smile made him smile even bigger than before, then he quickly turned away from you and covered his face with with his hands.

Still smiling, you also turned back to face forward.

After about 15 seconds, the small smile slowly slipped off your face as you slowly began to grow bored again.

You let out another quiet sigh as you turned all your attention back to that same old boring window.