stay alive, meet again

edited

You and Su-hyeok finally managed to find an empty room.

You were sitting up against the door and Su-hyeok was laying on the floor in the middle of the classroom.

He was tired and breathing heavily, and he had his hands covering his face.

You were also breathing heavily, and you were tired as well. You were trying to process everything that had happened just now, though part of you didn't exactly want to believe it was true.

The current situation you were in was definitely somewhat exciting, but you were still scared.

The room was quiet, well it was quiet, up until Su-hyeok finally broke the silence. "So, what do we do now?"

You looked in his direction before giving him an answer, "we make our way to the lab, just like Cheong-san said."

"You think they made it? Like, do you think they actually ended up in the lab or do you think they ended up in a different room?" He asked as he sat up.

"Hmm" You thought about it for a second, "I dunno, but it's worth a try to go check."

"Yeah I guess you're right."

It went silent again for a moment before Su-hyeok spoke up again, "So what were you doing this morning?"

"Huh?"

"You were with Myung-hwan and his friends, weren't you?"

"Yeah, but only for a minute."

"But why? Are you friends with them?" He continued to ask.

"No," you gave a simple answer, it was straightforward but didn't hide anything. It was the truth, you weren't friends with them. You were only there because you lost a stupid bet.

It looked like he was about to say something else but he got interrupted by the ear irritating sound of the loud speakers.

"Students and teachers of Hyosan High School,"

'It's Ms Park,' you thought to yourself once you heard the teachers voice through the speakers

"I'm Park Sun-hwa, the english teacher. Something strange is happening throughout the school. Some students are... attacking others indiscriminately."

You listened to Ms. Park very carefully. You didn't want to miss out on anything she said, important or not.

"So— so pleased flee and find a safe place, and if any student or faculty hears this and is able to, please call the police and the fire department."

She paused for a brief moment before speaking again, "Students, hide somewhere safe until help arrives. If you can get out of the school, then please get out."

"I'll say it again; some students are..." she paused, this time the pause was longer than the last, "Hey everyone, you're okay, right? You're not hurt? I don't know what's going on in here, or how this whole thing happened, but still, find a safe place and hide."

You can hear it in her voice. She was crying.

"I.. I'm sorry, I can't help. Don't get hurt, okay? Please, let's stay alive and meet again, okay?"

And that was it. She was done talking. Hearing her voice was comforting, it was like a sense of hope.

No one said anything; Su-hyeok was silent, and so were you.

Ms. Parks words echoed in your head. The only thing you can think of at the moment was when she said 'let's stay alive and meet again.'

Ms. Parks words plus the realization that you would have a super cool story to tell in the future were all you needed to motivate you to stay alive.

You quickly stood up and walked around the room to look for a pen or marker.

Su-hyeok watched as you threw things around and opened backpacks.

"What are you looking for?" He questioned.

"Something to write with," you answered and continued what you were doing.

You opened another backpack and found a yellow pencil case. It looked new, or maybe the owner just took very good care of it. You opened it and moved the items in it around till you found a basic black sharpie, "bingo!"

You pulled your sleeve up and took the cap off, then began to write something on your arm. When you finished you closed the sharpie and put it in the pocket of your skirt. You blew on your arm for a couple of seconds to dry the ink, then pulled your sleeve back down.

"Alright let's go, the faster we get out of here the faster this bullshit is over," You said as you walked over to the door and slightly opened it to look into the hallway.

"How do we leave though? There's too many of them and the science lab is a whole floor below us," Su-hyeok was now standing behind you to make sure you didn't do anything to get yourself hurt.

I think I have an idea...

ɴᴏᴛ ᴅᴇᴀᴅ ʏᴇᴛ | 𝘀𝘂-𝗵𝘆𝗲𝗼𝗸जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें