lunch

edited

The lunch bell rang.

Everyone quickly started to pack up at the sound of the bell.

After you finished putting all your things in your backpack you looked over to Nam-ra, "Yo Nam-ra, where you heading?" you asked her.

"Im going to the library." She answered.

"Are you gonna go study?" You asked as you stood up and swiftly threw your backpack over your shoulders.

Nam-ra didn't give you a verbal answer, she just shook her head in a way of saying 'yes' then stood up from her seat.

"Alright then, see you later, Nam-ra!" You said as she started to make her way out of the classroom.

She didn't say anything back after that. Sometimes you think that maybe she doesn't like you either.

You followed her with your eyes as she exited the classroom.

"...Fuck," You whispered to yourself as you started making your way out of the classroom as well, little did you know someone was waiting for you outside the classroom.

Once you stepped out of the classroom you turned left, not noticing the person that was leaning on the right side of the door frame.

You took only about 5 steps before someone stopped you by gently grabbing your shoulder.

You turned your head to see who it was.

It was Su-hyeok.

"Su-hyeok? uh.. can I help you with something?" you asked, trying your best not to sound rude.

He cleared his throat before speaking, "Hey Y/n, uh.. I was wondering if you wanted to get lunch together," he asked with his right hand placed on the back of his neck.

You though about it for a second before giving him an answer, "sure why not, I have nothing better to do anyways," you replied and shrugged your shoulders.

As soon as he heard your answer he gave you a smile "alright then, after you?" he said as he extended his arm forward.

Then, you both began to walk to the cafeteria.

You and Su-hyeok talked all the way to the cafeteria.

Usually during your lunch break you would hang out by yourself on the school roof, even though it's off limits to students.

Even though you liked being by yourself, Su-hyeok's presence was nice and he was a really sweet guy.

Once you two reached the cafeteria, he hurried to one of the big glass doors and held it open for you.

You thanked him then walked in and he followed.

As soon as you walked in you started to feel a bit out of place. You felt like everyone was staring at you even though it was unlikely that anyone even noticed your presence.

You slowed down a bit and let Su-hyeok walk ahead, so you can hide behind him as you walked.

When you guys made it into the lunch line you let your eyes explore since you didn't really know the place all that well, because you didn't come in here often.

Once you both had a tray with food you both made your way to an almost empty lunch table.

You sat down on one side of the table and Su-hyeok sat across from you.

Su-hyeok noticed you looking around, "you okay? you seem uncomfortable," he began, "if im making you uncomfortable then I can leave, it's no problem," he assured, with a sad tone in his voice.

"Nono! That not it at all, I promise, it just feel weird being in here since I don't come in here often," you explained, "i just feel a little out of place, ya' know."

"Oh yeah I was gonna ask about that," he started, "where do you usually go during lunch? I don't wanna be weird or anything, but i've never seen you around during this time," he asked.

"I hang out on the roof," you answered.

"Wait, but isn't it locked?" he questioned.

"Yeah it is, but I can get in."

"Have you ever been caught?"

"Nope, never."

"But don't you need a number combination to open the door?"

"Yeah, and I know what it is."

"Huh?! how?" he widower shouted, curious to know.

"hm, wellll.. i was snooping around in the principal's office and may or may not have found it," you smiled as you thought back to your super spy mission to change your grades and ended up with the roof's door combination.

"..." he stayed silent for a second, "you didn't get caught..?" he questioned.

"surprisingly no!" you answered.

"That's..." he trailed off, "dude how are you so cool," he complimented and smiled at you.

His comment made you smile. You shrugged your shoulders at him, not really knowing what to say but still smiling at him.

You and him talked for a while till it was time to go back to class, and then he walked with you all the way there.

You really didn't want to go to class, but you didn't really have a choice.

Once you two made it to your next class, he opened the door and held it open for you.

"Thank youuu!" You walked in and he followed after, then you both took your seats.

You looked up to the ceiling and the boredom slowly started to sink in.

You couldn't wait to go home.