hyeon-ju

edited

"Good morning class," Ms. Park greeted the class.

The class greeted her back.

"Alright guys, time to hand in your phones," she then pulled out a metal box from under her desk and placed it in front of her, "everyone come turn in your phones!"

You reached into your backpack and got out your fake phone. It was an exact replica of your current phone, with the exact same phone case, and it weighed the exact same as your actual phone.

You always turned in the fake phone instead of your real one, and always got away with it.

You, along with all your other classmates, got up to give up your phones.

Once you gave up your fake phone you made your way back to your seat.

"Is anyone in touch with Hyeon-ju?" Ms. Park asked.

No one answered.

"Nobody?" She asked again.

"Uh, we cleaned the science lab together yesterday, but I haven't seen her since," Joon-yeong spoke up.

Ms. Park sighed. She was very obviously stressed about the situation.

She then said something about letting her know if we hear from Hyeon-ju, and then she started talking about our exams for next week.

This is the part in the conversation where you zone out.

Once you heard the word 'exams' you turned your head to face the window as if it was the most interesting and intriguing thing that you have ever seen in your entire life.

"Okay then," Ms. Park then turned around to right something else on the chalk board. When she finished she asked us to copy what she had written down. "Excuse me, i'll be back shortly," She excused herself before exiting the classroom.

‧₊˚ ✩

It was a while later now.

Ms. Park was now teaching something about prejudice.

"Anyone wanna interprete this?" She asked.

Suddenly, Hee-su stood up.

"Okay, Hee-su," Ms. Park nodded at her.

"I need to...u-use the bathroom," she spoke up in a weak voice.

Something was obviously wrong with the poor girl, but Ms. Park didn't seem to notice.

Ms. Park let her use the bathroom and then went back to her lesson.

"Alright then, anyone wanna have a crack at it?" she scanned the room for any person willing to give an answer, "class president..?"

Nam-ra looked up from her text book to answer Ms. Park's question, "the truth is, all of us have some sort of prejudice. We all have preconceptions about other people."

"hmm.. okay nice. Next, Bare-su, stand up," hearing Su-hyeok's nickname took your attention away from the window.

You looked over to Su-hyeok as he stood up.

"What's with 'Bare-su?'" Ms. Park questioned.

"It's short for Barefoot Su-hyeok. Bare-su," one of his friends answered for him.

"He hates wearing socks, he's so weird about it," another one continued, "I can smell it a mile away."

Everyone laughed.

You didn't wanna be rude so you looked down at your desk and didn't laugh, but secretly you thought it was a little funny, but you still felt bad for poor Su-hyeok.