Chapter 35 • Flight

❥Warning:
Includes strong language.

-Y/N's POV-
My eyes stared at the ceiling all night as I was wrapped up in Sapnap's embrace. His arms kept me grounded but they couldn't make my thoughts stop.

My best friend, my mother, died and my father left me right after...some people would consider me lucky that I didn't hear them arguing but it just left me with more questions as to how he could leave the woman he was so helplessly in love with unless everything was fake.

I just wanted to go back home with Sapnap instead of being in my absent fathers home.

He was a coward for not explaining to me the answers I've been searching for. It made me hate him more. I knew my mother wouldn't want me to hate him and to have hate in my heart, but he abandoned me when I needed him the most. I couldn't just ignore that.

The whole time, my face was drowned in tears as I leaned against Sapnap's chest. I almost had a panic attack several times but I squeezed his hand lightly to let myself know I was safe with him.

•••••

My alarm woke him up at 9am. Once he did, he groaned awake. I quickly got out of his embrace, turning off the alarm then I looked at him with a frown as I sat up. His eyes opened slowly to meet mine.

SAPNAP:
"Damn, I thought it was a dream." His raspy voice said.

I held his hand, rubbing it with my thumb.

Y/N:
"How're you feeling?"

SAPNAP:
"A little bit better. Probably cause you were here with me." He smiled.

I lightly smiled as I nodded, looking down at his hand.

SAPNAP:
"What's wrong?"

I swallowed hard, looking back up at him as my chest felt tingly, my anxieties coming up.

Y/N:
"I just wanna go home..." I mumbled.

He sighed nervously.

SAPNAP:
"I still don't think it's a good idea. They could follow us, Y/N."

I frowned, knowing none of this would've happened if I had given him the second chance to begin with, knowing I'm the cause of his pain, the cause of his cuts.

DAD:
"I can follow you."

Our heads shot to him as we saw my father leaning against the door frame with his arms crossed.

Y/N:
"This is a private conversation." I glared.

DAD:
"I can get you two back home safely." He said calmly.

I clenched my jaw at him, squeezing Sapnap's hand by accident.

SAPNAP:
"I think he should, Y/N...these guys don't mess around, you saw that last night..." he frowned.

My eyes trailed to the carpet as I sighed.

Y/N:
"Fine..." I mumbled.

DAD:
"Be ready to go in 5." He walked into the living room.

I frowned, remembering the last time he told me that when he always drove me to school in the mornings.

Everything in my family was perfect. I had a loving mother and father, I wish things could go back the way they used to be. When I could look my father in the eyes and feel safe again. To know he'd protect his little girl from any harm, except the harm has become him, I never thought it would.

•••••

After packing up our bags, we went to the car. The whole time, I was on my phone in the back seat with Sapnap. I noticed Sapnap shoot my father some glares but I ignored it, knowing my father was a waste of time.