Chapter 2

In all honesty, Jiwoo had never realized she was so brave - she had actually married a stranger!

But, what was done was done, she would never regret her decision.

Jiwoo returned to her car. Just as she was about to start the engine and head home, she received a phone call from Minkyu.

"Jiwoo... where are you right now?"

"In front of the Civil Affairs Office, about to go home," Jiwoo replied casually, hiding her emotions.

"Doyeon has a very important runway show... I need you to substitute her immediately. I'll tell the makeup artist to provide you with a mask - no one will be able to tell it is you," Minkyu ordered with the tone of a superior. "Since Doyeon is injured, you will have to suffer a little..."

"Didn't you say Miss Kim got hurt on stage? In that case, the media should already know she is at the hospital..."

"But, I have already asked someone to let it slip that she will still be attending even with her injuries. I told you to go, so go!"

He was so shameless. In the past, Jiwoo had already done stupid things like this for Doyeon.

As it seems, she was being used. However, she wasn't going to continue this way!

Jiwoo stayed calm and nodded, "OK, let me know the time and address, I'll head over there now."

"Jiwoo, we are about to get married. Help give Doyeon a bit of a boost, her career is currently on the rise."

"I'll give her a boost for sure..." Jiwoo responded with a hidden meaning.

"I'll hang up then. Let's have dinner later."

Minkyu had no idea the tables had turned, presumably now, he would be sitting by Doyeon's bedside, watching over his lover tenderly... Jiwoo hung up the phone.

She immediately called her manager and told her what had happened which her manager responded in anger:

"President Kim Minkyu wants you to step in for that B-Grade copycat? Is he joking? If you didn't decide to retreat from the spotlight, she would not even survive in the industry."

"Winter, I've already agreed..." Jiwoo replied calmly.

"Do you really have to go?" Her manager was about to spew blood in disbelief. Jiwoo and Doyeon were both models signed under Tianyi Entertainment, but because of Jiwoo's decision to retreat, her manager was dragged down with her and ridiculed.

Jiwoo knew her manager wanted to stick up for her injustice. Reassuringly she responded, "I won't be that stupid anymore, I will not let them use me!"

"Winter, from now on I can only trust in you, can you help me do something?"

"Speak." Her manager was loyal to her. After all, they shared the same objective.

"Doyeon is so desperate to convince the media that she is attending the show even with her injuries because she doesn't want it to impact her eligibility for the 'Top Ten Model Awards'. Help me pay a visit to Tian He Hospital."

"I see what you're getting at. Obtain evidence that she was still at the hospital during the show and reveal it to the public!" the manager smiled excitedly.

"No, I have bigger news. She's pregnant! and the child is Minkyu's. Also, help me prepare a statement stating that Minkyu has used me multiple times to substitute Doyeon during her runway shows. As for which shows? I will need you to help me find evidence for that."