Chapter 38

All day the next day, Minkyu didn't turn up at Tianyi's office. When he finally returned home in the evening, his body was covered in the stench of alcohol. Doyeon approached him and gently shook his shoulder, "Minkyu... Minkyu."

In his drunken state, Minkyu mumbled under his breath, but it was hard to tell what he was saying. Doyeon flipped open his briefcase and spotted an agreement between Minkyu and Mr. Li; she immediately picked it up to take a closer look as she took out her phone and snapped a photo. She then placed it back where she found it.

A moment later, Minkyu opened his eyes. Upon seeing Doyeon, he immediately sobered up and pushed her away, "Doyeon, you are free; you can abort the child as you please. You... can also move out when you are ready; there is nothing else between us..."

After speaking, Minkyu stood up and headed into his bedroom, slamming the door shut; an ear-shattering bang echoed through the apartment...

Doyeon glared coldly at the back of Minkyu's head as he disappeared from her sight. She then glanced down at the picture of the agreement; Minkyu was Party B and he had agreed to Party A's first condition of setting her free and no longer causing her any trouble. The second condition... was Jiwoo!

Doyeon sneered. At that moment she wanted to ridicule Minkyu's naivety; as if that old sleazebag would be so generous. Agreeing to give away awards, was so that he could get a continual supply of newcomers in his bed...

Unknowingly, Minkyu hadn't merely betrayed just these two women, he technically also sold off all his future artists.

But, it didn't matter to Doyeon... thinking about Minkyu selling the high and mighty Jiwoo off for such a cheap price... was so satisfying. Plus, she was about to go home with a Top Ten Model Award and a contract with Creative Century. Luckily, she had evidence in her hand against the old sleazebag; once everything was over, she would get rid of him...

Jiwoo, you were just ruthlessly sold off by the man you once loved!

Doyeon smirked as she looked at her slim waist; she could finally get rid of the child. Unfortunately, the next few days wouldn't be the best time; the awards ceremony was fast approaching and there were too many eyes on her. So, she decided to wait until after the ceremony to carry out her secret arrangements.

Everything seemed perfect... she had never imagined she would have the chance to be reborn like this.

...

Early in the night, Jiwoo's flight landed in Korea. As her schedule was confidential, not many people knew of her return.

The news about her using men to advance her career was still being discussed, but as usual, she did not respond; not even a simple explanation.

Outside the airport, Ningning had arrived to escort Jiwoo and Karina home. The couple left the airport separately before boarding the same Lincoln Limousine.

"President and Madam, you have both worked hard... but regarding the news created by Cheng Tian, will Madam really not respond?" Ningning turned around to ask as she sat in the driver's seat.

"Has Mr. Li made any moves?" Jiwoo slightly lifted her head and asked gently.

"No, Mr. Li doesn't care about gossip like this," Ningning shook her head. "At the same time, Star Age is keeping everything ambiguous on purpose. They want to keep an unclear relationship with you so that your relationship with Tianyi will continue to fall apart. Also, from what I've gathered, Star Age and the newcomer, Lan Yu, have been getting very close..."

Jiwoo let out a gentle laugh and took a deep breath, "Then, let's disregard this scandal. Once the time is right, the truth will naturally be revealed."