Chapter 35

"The culprit is really smart, they know how to use a voice-changer. From this recording alone, it is hard to decipher who it is," Ningning explained. Things like this, she had seen multiple times before. After all, the industry had always been this dark. "Looks like someone that's experienced."

"Contact the media source and instruct them to return the phone call. When they have the culprit on the phone, ask the culprit to repeat what they said earlier. Be careful not to let the culprit figure out what we are trying to do. While the phone call is being made, look around and see who from Tianyi is talking on the phone. Quietly follow them and secure evidence." Karina put away her phone; she had an intense look in her eyes.

"Yes, president," Ningning replied with a nod as she took composed steps out of the room.

Meanwhile, Karina returned to the hall. Her sharp gaze swept across the Kim siblings. In reality, she didn't need to test them to already know who the culprit was. The only person capable of doing such a thing was the well-experienced Hyoyeon. If Minkyu had the capability of scheming like his sister, he would not merely be where he was today.

Maybe because she noticed a change in Karina's expression, Jiwoo gazed over questioningly amongst the crowd. Karina contained her anger, picked up her phone and answered with four simple words: "Let's talk at home."

In reality, Karina had underestimated Jiwoo's sensitivity towards her emotions. After living with Karina for so long, she had gotten a grasp of her temper; she only ever got upset when something concerned her as it was the only time she found it worthy of getting angry over.

Jiwoo glanced over at the Kim siblings; she could vaguely guess what was going on.

Tonight she was outstanding and impressive. Even though she knew there was a possibility she would be stabbed in the back, she didn't expect the Kim siblings to really have no restraint.

10 minutes later, Karina watched as Hyoyeon stood up from her seat. Holding onto her phone, she walked to a hidden spot. Less than 5 minutes later, she once again returned to her seat. At this time, Ningning gestured to Karina that she had secured the evidence...

Everything was as expected...

Karina had wanted to make a move on Hyoyeon for a long time. She just hadn't found the right reason since everything she did was within Tianyi. Who would have thought, in the end, she'd be brave enough to offend her.

After the gala was over, Jiwoo left the venue with TQ's editor. Hyoyeon and the others followed closely behind - so close Jiwoo could practically feel their piercing glares...

Afterwards, TQ's editor left first; he had an issue to deal with. Hyoyeon took this opportunity to step in front of Jiwoo. She looked her straight in the eyes and said, "I've really underestimated you. You managed to make an appearance even though we tried to hold you back."

"However, Jiwoo, no matter how smart you are, you've still done something you shouldn't have. How dare you take a photo with the CEO of Yu Ent. Did you think you could elevate your value by using her? Let me tell you, you will only make enemies for yourself."

"If that's all, I need to go home and rest," Jiwoo didn't take anything Hyoyeon said to heart.

"Do you think you are Karina's woman? She was only playing around with you. How could you think highly of yourself?"

Hearing this, Jiwoo quickly turned around and glared sharply at Hyoyeon, "Hyoyeon, I must bow down to your capability of forever maintaining a jealous heart. Because of you, Tianyi's destruction will be just around the corner."