Chapter 8

With Jiwoo stepping out and admitting to creating the mess, wiped Tianyi's reputation completely clean.

Discussions with HF were successful as they accepted Minkyu's apology and the position of spokesperson was handed over to Doyeon, as originally intended, since she was also a victim. After this incident, her popularity was expected to skyrocket.

Tianyi Entertainment and Doyeon recovered from the incident completely unscathed, but Jiwoo was completely destroyed.

In an instant, 'Queen of Hype', 'Scheming Model', 'Attention Seeker Jiwoo', 'Idol Superseeker' and other similar terms started appearing on search rankings and all the search results led to discussions filled with offensive language.

Jiwoo sat in her room watching the news. She tried her best to remain calm because she knew all that she was enduring now would soon be turned on its head...

Minkyu and Doyeon were going to suffer ten times more than what she was experiencing now!

She wanted to remain calm, however, in the eyes of the public, her image had completely crumbled that even the cleaner couldn't help giving her attitude, "Miss Yi, could you please move your precious legs? Can't you see I'm trying to clean here?"

"It's not like you have a show to attend, yet you still come in every day. My back hurts from having to clean up after you."

Jiwoo's expression turned cold. Even though she had fallen to a low point in her career, it didn't mean she was going to allow just anyone to bully her.

Without her celebrity status she was still from the prestigious family, Yi, and still deserves respect despite the current public view.

She couldn't take it and lost her temper for a moment.

She picked up her phone and rang Minkyu making sure to put the call on loudspeaker so the cleaner could hear their conversation, "Minkyu, is my position in this company so low that I deserve to be spoken down to, even by the cleaner?"

"Get her name and tell HR to dismiss her," Minkyu replied without hesitation.

Jiwoo hung up the phone and looked up at the cleaner with a cold gaze, "Just because I'm easy-going, doesn't mean you can talk to me casually. Just because I'm not a model nor idol, doesn't mean I'm no longer a member of the Yi Family. If I wanted to, I could make a simple cleaner like you unemployed forever, without lifting a finger..."

The cleaner's face turned pale as she broke out in a cold sweat. She never knew Jiwoo could be so intimidating. She quickly bowed apologetically, "Sorry... Miss Yi, I won't ever do it again."

"Even if you are above others, you should treat others equally. Not to mention the fact that you are below others." Jiwoo didn't want to make things difficult for the staff, but she had to teach them a lesson. After speaking, she stood up as she received an SMS from Minkyu to go to his office.

"Jiwoo, your image right now has fallen to the depths of the abyss so... I have arranged for you to take part in some activities. Hopefully, you can redeem yourself in front of the public. Doyeon hurt, why don't you go pay her a visit and take care of her to show you're sorry... maybe you can get some sympathy votes."

Jiwoo examined Minkyu's face and questioned why she had never noticed how disgraceful he looked.

Doyeon was obviously using this opportunity to humiliate her.

"You just need to put on a show in front of the cameras for a few minutes for a live broadcast..."

Minkyu originally thought Jiwoo would refuse. Doyeon had used her child as leverage against Minkyu in order to make him ask Jiwoo for such an unreasonable request. But, to his surprise Jiwoo nodded and said, "OK."

"You're willing to do it?" Minkyu looked dumbfounded

"Ever since Doyeon got hurt, I haven't had the chance to visit her. This is the perfect chance," Jiwoo replied in a poised manner.

Jiwoo remained calm and collected even though she was aware Doyeon's plan was to torment her. She knew... the more high and mighty Doyeon felt now... the harder she would fall.

...

Not long after, Jiwoo boarded the car of Minkyu's assistant and headed towards Tian He hospital. As expected, there were a sea of reporters waiting outside Tianyi.

On the way, she messaged Karina, "Yeobo, do not be worried by any news you see about me, I have a plan. Also, I want to return home tonight. Can you send someone to pick me up from Tian He Hospital? I don't know where our new home is..."

In the middle of a meeting, Karina received Jiwoo's message. For the first time ever, she paused what she was doing, causing all the company's higher-ups to look at each other in surprise. What kind of god-like person has such influence?

Karina ignored the reactions of those around her, all she could focus on was Jiwoo's pitiful tone. She quickly replied to her message, "Good girl, I will pick you up later."

After receiving Karina's message, Jiwoo couldn't help but imagine Karina's expression as she called her a 'good girl'. A sweet smile appeared on her face and her eyes curved like two crescent moons. At this moment, Minkyu's assistant looked at Jiwoo from his rear view mirror.

"You can still smile now, but wait till you find out what's coming to you." The assistant glanced at Jiwoo

Jiwoo knew the whole world was currently hostile towards her, but she forced herself to not care about what others thought.

After contacting Karina, she sent a message to her manager updating her of what's happening

"Does she think she will be able to humiliate you?" Winter laughed

"Are you ready?" Jiwoo asked

"I have been ready a long time ago, I'm sure the public will be entertained... I have pictures and a video."

"You can release the pictures... keep the video for later. I want to give Minkyu and Doyeon some time to argue."

Winter was abnormally excited, "I want to see Doyeon fall when she is at her highest point. Jiwoo, even though there are so many people insulting you, I noticed there are still a small minority that are sticking up for you. I guess there is some good that has come from all this..."

"Winter, please be careful."

After her messages with her manager, Jiwoo immediately deleted her entire conversation as the corner of her lips curved slightly upwards.

...

Inside one of the private hospital rooms, Doyeon was sitting weakly in bed. Just the thought of being able to humiliate Jiwoo in a moment made her eyes twinkle.

"When Jiwoo arrives the cameras will turn on and you will be broadcasted live for 3 minutes. In a moment I am going to ask the doctor to come in to change your bandages. At the same time, I'm going to make Jiwoo wash your feet..."

"This day has finally arrived..." Doyeon exclaimed - she had been overshadowed by Jiwoo for so long.

Never in her wildest dreams had she thought Jiwoo would be so stupid as to take on all the blame. Not only did she increase Doyeon's worth, Jiwoo also helped her secure the spokesperson deal with HF.

From this point on, she vowed to only keep climbing higher and higher. She was going to step all over Jiwoo, take Minkyu from her and become the first lady of Tianyi.

Doyeon slowly exposed traces of a smile, just thinking about how the Annual Top Ten Model Awards was getting closer and closer to her grasp.

This was better than anything Doyeon had ever dreamed of. With everything going her way, her arrogance began to grow...