Chapter 13

The official contract signing ceremony with HF was to be held at 9am and would be broadcasted live as well as officially announced to the public.

3 years had passed since Jiwoo last attended an event like this - she had almost forgotten how it felt. But, as soon as she put on her creamy white low-back dress and the jewelry that HF had sponsored her, she was once again glowing with confidence.

It seemed, regarding the war between Jiwoo and Doyeon, HF had chosen Jiwoo's side.

Winter left the house nice and early to drive over to Hyatt Regency. As she was Jiwoo's assistant, Karina had given her special permission to enter their villa as she pleased. Winter had originally prepared a dress for Jiwoo... but when she entered the huge walk-in wardrobe Karina had given to Jiwoo, she couldn't believe her eyes.

"She is indeed the president of Yu Ent., generous with good taste!" Winter praised.

At that exact time, Karina came out from her own wardrobe. As soon as she saw Jiwoo she turned to Winter, "I have something I need to say to Jiwoo."

"OK, I'll step out for a bit." Winter turned around understandingly and closed the door as she left.

Jiwoo stood in front of the mirror smiling sweetly at Karina; fresh and elegant like a blooming lily. It was hard for one not to turn all their attention to her.

"What do you want to say to me?"

Karina didn't say a word, instead, she took big steps towards Jiwoo and hugged her from behind. She then turned her neck so she could cover her mouth with hers, "I want to kiss you and even more... I want to adore you."

"I'm going to be late." Jiwoo also didn't want to part with Karina's lips.

"I will watch the live broadcast..."

Jiwoo nodded her head with satisfaction. She hooked her arm onto Karina's as they walked out of the villa together. Truthfully, anyone looking at the couple would believe they were a perfect match.

Jiwoo was like white snow emanating a sense of pureness, whereas Karina was alluring like a dangerous empress.

Winter was captivated by the sight of the couple, this is how a married couple should look... unlike Minkyu the jerk, who would not be so pleasing to the eye.

A little while later, Jiwoo boarded the car with Winter's assistance. On the way, Winter spoke while driving, "The contract signing will be at 9am, we should arrive at 8:50am - just right."

"Your arrangements have always been on point." Jiwoo looked down and swiped her phone.

"The plane will be at 3pm and Doyeon has arranged for anti-fans to stop you at the airport. Among her fans, they have discussed a plan to make you look bad. One of them will find the chance to embarrass you and others will pretend to be passersby aiming to skew the judgement of onlookers." Winter screwed up her nose in disgust, this was something primary school kids did and unfortunately, childish acts like this always seemed to hurt others the most.

Jiwoo was quite surprised and gave a questioning look at Winter

"I have my ways... don't underestimate your assistant" Winter hummed proudly, "We'll just let these kids be happy for a bit... then the video will be released, just as planned"

Jiwoo laughed as she shook her head. Doyeon certainly had the ability to gather anti-fans. In comparison, Jiwoo's number of active fans looked pitiful. However, there were still a few that were looking forward to her appearance at the airport.

8:50am, right on time, Jiwoo arrived at the hotel where the contract signing was to take place and walked down the red carpet in front of the reporters.