Chapter 26

After dinner Karina lead Jiwoo to the living area of the manor. When they arrived, there were already a few American men sitting inside waiting for them.

Jiwoo did not understand what Karina wanted to do, but Karina gently comforted her, "No need to be nervous."

Not long after, the American man in charge stepped forward and started chatting to Karina. It was at this time that Jiwoo overheard their conversation and finally understood what was going on - Karina wanted to purchase insurance for her legs.

It wasn't unusual for famous people to insure parts of their body, but... they mostly did it to create attention, so Jiwoo quickly grabbed onto Karina, "Karina... I don't..."

"Don't overthink it. Your legs need protecting because they are the most beautiful legs I've ever seen on the modeling stage..."

"But..." Jiwoo was still unsure.

"Listen to me," Karina nudged her towards the valuer. "You never let me do anything for you. Are you going to deny me the right to buy you insurance as well?"

Jiwoo couldn't refuse. Even though her legs were beautiful, at the moment she wasn't very famous, so she assumed the cost wouldn't be too high. With this in mind, Jiwoo gave up resisting and let the valuer do her job.

However... before the valuer could give a quote, Karina stepped in to say, "No matter what the final estimated value is, I want to increase the insured amount by ten times."

If that's the case...

...then that would be over 100 million dollars!

Standing quietly to one side, Lin Wei and Winter were in shock over what they were witnessing. Most importantly, Karina wasn't doing this to create attention, she was merely helping Jiwoo secure a guarantee.

The final benefactor of this insurance would be Jiwoo; from now on, no matter what happened to her legs, she would be covered by insurance.

Karina really spoiled Jiwoo!

Jiwoo was quiet the entire time, a million thoughts were running through her mind. However, Karina placed her arm around her shoulder and said, "This complex industry is chaotic and unsafe; I can't guarantee that 10 or 20 years from now, Yu Ent. will still be as successful. So, I want to do all that I can to give you a peace of mind. I want the path ahead of you to be protected."

In that moment, under the beautifully lit room, Jiwoo only had Karina in her eyes - the Karina that did things for her without expecting anything in return. She had originally married her with a motive, but she never minded, instead she gave her faith that she loved her wholeheartedly.

"Because of what you've done, do you know how many promises I am making to myself?"

"Huh?"

"I've promised myself to never leave this woman, unless I die," Jiwoo responded in seriousness.

Karina laughed with her usual poise and charm. As long as it was something she found worth it, she would be willing to give up anything without regrets - Jiwoo was the first person that made her do things without asking anything in return...

Such was life: one person trampled over her heart, while another treated her like treasure. That's why no one should ever be broken hearted over a jerk; as long as one is persistent, there will always be someone better out there who is willing to give them the warmth they wish for.

"Jiwoo is now precious..." Winter whispered quietly to Lin Wei.

"She's insured for over 100 million dollars... that's enough to buy Tianyi outright."