-1-

*The doorbell rings*
"Who's there?!"
"Peggy Carter."
I sigh of relief. "Come in."
The door opens and Peggy steps into the hall. "You just leave your door unlocked like this?" I shrug.
"I'll close it around the evening." She rolls her eyes.
"What's up?" I ask her.
"Your genius brother contacted me."
"Of course he did..."
"He needs a place to stay for a while."
"Well, this is basically his house, isn't it?"
"Good, because he already expected you to say yes."
"Of course he did..."
The door flies open. First comes mr. Jarvis, he's carrying a suitcase and it looks way too heavy for him. After that another person steps in.
"You missed me?"
I ran over to Howard and hugged him. "I hope you realize this is very stupid of you?" He nods.
"The whole city is looking for you."
"Oh, don't worry, I noticed."
He grins.
"Jarvis, put the suitcase in one of the guest rooms, please." The poor man lifts the suitcase again.
"Let me help you." Peggy takes the suitcase from him. "Just take the bag." Jarvis looks a little sad at the small bag on the couch and walks after Peggy.

"Howard, there are almost no rules in this house, but please listen to these few. Rule 1, no ladies in the house, rule 2, no dangerous stuff in the house, rule 3, I'm not breaking you and your girlfriends up."
He nods. "I think I can remember that."
"Good."
I give him a little punch on his chest.
"It's good to see you again."
"Same."
"It's good to see yourself?"
"You know what I mean."
Peggy and Jarvis walk down the stairs again. "I've got to go, it's almost 7:00."
"What's at 7:00."
"Sherry."
"Oh, right."
Jarvis lives close to my house. He picks up his coat and says everyone goodbye.
When he left, Howard jumps on the couch. "Did you know he goes to bed at 9:00?"
"That early?"
"Most of my colleagues aren't even home yet at 9:00." Peggy says.
"About that, I've got to close mrs. Plumps shop." Mrs. Plumps is my neighbour and she's out of town for a while. She asked me to close her shop when her coworkers are gone.
"It's dark outside."
"I'm not a kid anymore, Howard."

Key in the lock, turn around and pull it out again. The lights are out and everyone is already gone. A few more people are walking down the street. I walk to the road, waiting to cross.
"What are you doing out this late, all alone? It's dark outside."
Next to me is standing a strange man.
"You know, that's exactly what my brother said."
"What did you tell him?"
"To shut up, I'm not a kid anymore."
He giggles.
"Good for you."
The cars passed us, so I cross the road. It's not even that dark outside, I can see everything very clearly. Those guys are probably just scared of the dark themselves. Cowards.
Someone grabs me by my coat.
"God, watch out!" It's the same guy again. A car passes at full speed.
"You would've been dead without me." He says.
"Oh, thank you."
"No problem, Jack."
"Jack?"
"Jack Thompson... That's my name..."
"Oh right, Rose St- Maguire."
"Stmaguire?"
"Just Maguire."
"Whatever."

"YOU ALMOST DIED?" Howard jumps up from his chair.
"No, I almost got hit by a car."
"That's why you shouldn't be out alone in the dark."
"Come on Howard, I wasn't paying attention."
"You should."
"I know."
"Who saved you?"
"Just a guy."
"Okay... Talking about guys..." Oh no, not this again.
"Do you have a boyfriend yet?"
"No, Howard, I don't."
"You should, you've gotta get over that Bucky guy." James Barnes was my boyfriend during the war, he died while being on a mission with Captain America. I was devastated when I heard the news. Even more when I found a ring in his jacket. At least he died doing good for this world.
"Do you know what I do when I break up with a girlfriend?"
"Let me guess, find a new one."
"Exactly."
"This is different, Howard."
"I'm just saying that someone to love outside of your family and friends will be good for you. Am I right?" He looks at Peggy, who's sitting next to him with her legs up on the table.
"Leave me out of this."
"See, even Peggy agrees."
"Yeah, sure. I'll try to come in contact with more people, but this isn't really the moment, huh? I can't find a permanent boyfriend when I'm using a fake name."
"Then don't get a permanent one."
"You're weird."
"I know."

Lol, first chapter. I don't know why I'm writing this, but everyone does. So... Bye and thanks for reading :)