-12-

After a long night, Jack dropped me off at my house. I think he was trying to hint that he wanted to stay the night, but as much as I wanted to, I couldn't because of my wonderful brother. To my surprise, Peggy was still sitting on the couch at 2 a.m., waiting for me to get home. As soon as she heard the door close, a book slammed shut and she turned to me.
"How was it? What's his name? Do I know him?" She was even more excited than I thought she would be.
"Calm down, Peg, let me put my stuff away." I kicked off my shoes in the hall closet and hung my coat on the coat rack. Then I dropped onto the couch next to her.
"He was great, very different from what you would think. In a positive way!" I quickly added. A smile formed on her face. I know Howard would like me to start dating again, but Peggy really enjoys hearing stories like this. I think.
"He didn't make any sarcastic comments as she described and was a good dancer!" I tried to dodge the question about his name.
"We even kissed!" She giggled.
"So what was his name?"
"Uhm... I've had a lot to drink, something like John, I think." She chuckled.
"Did you drink too much to remember his name?" I just nodded and tried to look as embarrassed as possible.
"When can I meet him?" she asked. Another annoying question, why did Jack have to be so difficult again?
"I don't know if he's ready to meet you, he already seemed a little uncomfortable with me alone." Luckily she believed my lie and nodded in understanding.
"Let me know when he's ready." I promised her to ask him and went to bed. That will be a long day at work tomorrow.

The next day I tried to act as normal as possible. Jack was a lot better at it and acted like nothing had happened. He still made the same annoying and sarcastic comments, but winked as soon as the others were out of sight. And he still called me for unnecessary things, but when I handed him his cup, he gave me a little kiss on my cheek. It was pretty cute, but I was pretty sure everyone would notice. Jack had such a big problem with it, not me, so why didn't he draw the curtains or did it out of sight? He was being far too risky.