-36-

We drove away in my car and arrived at Isodyne after some time. Unfortunately, they found us again. Peggy and I took care of them men, while Jason would get the zero matter. It took Jason quite a while. I started to get impatient.
"Peg, stay here, I'm just gonna check on him, I'll be back in a minute." I held my gun tight and ran towards the room I saw Jason entering. I heard people talking. They weren't supposed to be in here! Just as I was about to enter, I heard screams. Not much later the wind flew around my ears. I was pushed back and fell to the ground. As I tried to get up, I was pressed against the floor again. I couldn't get up again! It slowly turned black before my eyes.

Sousa

We arrived at the lab at full speed, but it was already too late. It had already been cordoned off and something terrible had happened. Stark's butler came and stood next to me and I looked at the building. I tried to look through the windows, but I couldn't see anything. No sign of Peggy, Jason or anyone. After watching for a moment, I turned to Jarvis.
"Call Stark, the female one." He looked a little guilty.
"What? What is it?"
"There's a small chance she was in that building too." I could cry. I had told her so clearly not to go, how could she go anyway? When I turned back around, I was shocked to see Peggy standing. I'd love to give her a big hug. Even more than that, actually. She started talking terribly fast. I barely understood. I tried to stop her.
"Here's the situation. Dr. Wilkes and I entered Isodyne Energy at approximately 4:30 A.M."
"Carter, I..."
"I engaged with four suspects while Dr. Wilkes went in to retrieve this unregistered..."
"Slow down."
"Highly volatile scientific discovery."
"Peggy, stop. Stop." She finally stopped talking.
"Are you okay?"
"Um, yes, I'm fine."
"And Rose?"
"She di... She didn't make it. The explo... explosion." She had tears in her eyes, and I think I did too.
"How about Dr Wilkes?" At her face I could see it was the same thing.
"Okay. We're done here. How about you get some rest?"
"Th-there's still so much to process."
"Peggy... You're going home."

After we dropped Peggy off at home, I went back to the office. Almost everyone left already, but there were a few people left. They looked at my sad face as I entered.
"Stark... she died." They were all shocked. She was loved by all her coworkers. One even offered calling Thompson, but I thought I should do that myself. Not that I thought he would love to talk to me. I spend half an hour practicing how I should tell him. How do you tell someone on the phone that his girlfriend just died? After a while I decided to just call him, I couldn't wait too long, that would be unfair. I dialed the numbers of the office in New York, but I soon realized he was probably home, sleeping. I didn't care and dialed the new numbers. It took a while until he finally picked up.
"Who is this joker?" He said, irritated.
"It's Chief Sousa."
"Seriously? What are you thinking?" I was too tired to roll my eyes and I knew I would soon feel bad for him.
"I'm sorry, okay? But I've got important news."
"Can't it wait?"
"No." I heard him sighing.
"Fine, what's wrong." I went quiet for a moment and felt my eyes fill up with tears.
"I'm sorry to tell you this, but Rose died tonight?" It went silent.
"You're joking."
"No, Thompson, I'm not." I heard glass shattering.
"I'm coming to L.A." Then he just hung up.