-9-

Hey, I'm so sorry for not uploading new chapters yesterday. I had a busy schoolday, I can't promise to post another chapter today, but I'll try my best ;)

"Agent Maguire, my office." Thompson randomly walked up to my desk.
"Can I ask why ....sir?"
"No, no questions." I shrugged at Peggy and walked after him.

"No worries, I just got to know what happened in that building last week." He said as we sat down. He sat on his desk, as always.
"We got kidnapped, like I said on the phone." Remember when I said I was there at lying? I still am. Great.
"Why did you get kidnapped?"
"I don't know... Someone pushed us in a car, that's all I know." It didn't look like he believed me.
"I saw another car outside, guess who's in it?"
"Who? Katharine Hepburn?"
"The butler of Howard Stark."
"What??? Noooooooo." He looked pissed by my answer.
"Don't act so dumb, what else happened?" He looked me straight in the eyes. Luckily I didn't have to lie about this part.
"Two men brought us to a room. We knocked out a few of them. Even killed some. They brought Peggy somewhere else, so I took my chance, knocked them out and called agent Sousa. That's when you showed up and saved the day." I said the last sentence while rolling my eyes.
"I saved your ass."
"Are we good now?" He stared at me for a few seconds and looked away.
"Yeah. Tell Carter to come in."
I walked out of his office as fast as I could. That man actually scared me.
"Peg, we got kidnapped." I pointed at Thompson's office. She nodded.

It looked like Peggy was fine. Thompson didn't ask more questions after her interrogation. Which is a good thing, that probably means he believes us.

"You can't even walk properly." He said, right after we drove away from the office.
"Your walking isn't the same either."
"Yeah, but I got shot in my leg. I use that to walk."
"Who cares?" I asked, but it wasn't really a question.
"You know... you're okay outside of work." I said, to make it a little less awkward. We didn't talk much.
"I'm not okay at work?"
"Well, if you hadn't noticed that, I think you should see a doctor. You're a complete jerk, especially to women." It was silent again.
"How do you still remember where I live? Sometimes I don't even remember." He laughed.
"I guess I just have a great memory."
"How's the Stark case going?" I asked, since he went silent again.
"Awful, we're trying to figure out who shot Krzeminski, I'm pretty sure it has something to do with it." He was finally talking.
"You don't have any ideas?"
"Well, chief Dooley thinks Howard did it himself, but that's too much of a risk for him. If he was in New York, I would've found him already." Hah, I'm not sure of that.
"So, It's probably one of his workers, like his butler maybe."
"I don't think it's his butler." I said before I knew it.
"Why not?"
"Because he's my neighbour and I've seen him watching tv the whole night. 'Till 9:00."
"What's at 9:00?"
"His wife and him go to sleep."
"That early? Sometimes I'm not even home at 9:00." I shrugged. I knew that conversation already.
"Okay, not the butler I guess. There it is."
He parked right in front of my house.
"I'll see you at work tomorrow."
"Probably." I slammed his door and he drove away immediately.