-26-

"You may have nearly bled to death, but I almost killed an entire city." I swung around at a tremendous speed, knocking me off Jack's shoulders and making Howard laugh.
"Excuse me?"
"He had me in his power, that Ivchenko, and sent me on the road with that gas." I was shocked.
"You knew not to listen!"
"I couldn't help it!" I saw that he felt guilty, so I gave him a hug.
"Peggy held me back." He gestured to Peg, who looked a little proud.
"Thank you." I said, and I gave Peggy a hug too.
"Can't I get a hug?" asked Jack. As soon as I let go of Peg, I turned to Jack and put my arms around him with a smile.

————————————

It was a few days later, I had just recovered a bit. The wounds were stitched up and started to heal again. Jack, Peggy and Howard had visited me every day and they all even stayed over once. Jack tonight, by the way.
"Good morning!" I sat wide awake in bed as he labored to open his eyes in the seat next to me.
"Is it morning at all?" I chuckled.
"Yes, and you will be late." He looked at his watch.
"Told you not to sleep over." He raised his shoulders.
"It really doesn't matter if I'm a little later." That's when a doctor came in.
"Hey, I'm here to discuss how you are doing." Jack sat up a little straighter.
"How do you feel?" She sat down at the foot of the bed.
"Fine."
"Don't suffer from headaches, nausea, etc.?"
"No, and all the pain at the wounds is also a lot less." The doctor smiled.
"Good, then it looks like you can go home today.
The doctor left again and Jack took her place.
"Peggy's friend lives with you now, so don't be alarmed."
"Angie? Nice!" He rolled his eyes.
"She's too loud."
"Keep your opinion to yourself." Jack looked out the window into the hallway.
"Hey, I thought maybe we should talk?" I had honestly completely forgotten about what had happened.
"Yes, you are right."
"I am always right." I sighed.
"Anyway, sorry for being so stupid, I should have seen it coming, I honestly did. I guess I just didn't want to believe it."
"Well, that can get off my bucket list 'Jack Thompson apologizes.'" He looked like he didn't like my joke as much as I did.
"Nah, I was stupid to blame you too, but I just couldn't tell you this." He gave me a kiss on my forehead, which slowly moved to one on my mouth.

That was the first time we kissed since... Since the last time we kissed, which was a while ago.

=============================================================

I don't know if this is good or bad news, you'll have to decide for yourself, but the book will go a bit further. It will likely enter the second season. Not sure yet.

Also, thanks for the 1400 readers!!!! This is probably from a while ago, but I'm really grateful to you. My books are never read so vehemently.

I love you, ❤️