-34-

soon realized I was the only one screaming, but I didn't care. Everyone was looking at the scientist anyway and I really was horrified. Peggy pushed a piece of paper in my hand. It was the business card of the cute scientist she met earlier.
"Call him." I nodded and ran out of the room. I was more than happy to.

I met both dr Wilkes and Jarvis in the hallway.
"Did Agent Carter mention what she wanted me to see?" I just nodded and he didn't say anything. I brought him to a room where some other people were already examining the 'body'.
"That used to be a person?" Wilkes now stood next to Peggy.
"Can you explain such an occurrence?" She asked.
"Not even in my nightmares." Henry pressed his handkerchief to his nose and walked out.
"Oh, my God. I need some air." I felt like something was off, but to be honest, I'd rather get out of this room too. So I didn't blame him.
"If we lent you a sample, are there tests you could run to determine what happened?"
"Yes. Yes. Th-this is a lot to take in."
"Dr. Wilkes, can you excuse us, please?" Peggy asked.
"Yeah. Um... I'm gonna get some water." He walked out. I wanted to follow him, but Peggy shook her head and pulled me back.
"We need you here."
"What is it?" I asked as Daniel showed something to Peggy.
"The official autopsy report." He said. I stood behind them so I could read it.
"Cause of death... organ failure due to unknown toxic substance." I read.
"Exactly... Not the stab wounds." He said.
"So someone stabbed the body after she'd already died." They looked into the room.
"Yeah! The m*rder*r wanted us to think Jane Scott was k*lled by the lady of the lake killer... When actually, she was k*lled from exposure to the substance that froze the lake!" I yelled, probably a little too loud.
They seemed to get it immediately.
"Her shoes were switched on her feet." Sousa said.
"The only people that knew that detail were the actual lady of the lake killer and..."
"And the police."
"Where's Detective Henry?" Henry had already left... and he had taken dr Wilkes with him! I grabbed my gun. We were following him of course.

"The suspect is detective Andrew Henry, L.A.P.D. He is armed and dangerous. Approach with caution." I sat next to drivers seat, where Daniel was sitting, and Peg and Jarvis were sitting in the back. I don't know exactly what Peggy was doing, but Jarvis was constantly yelling.
"Oh! Oh, is it broken?!"
"You'll live. Keep your head back."
"Of course I'll live. I'm worried about the aesthetic. Ana's absolutely mad about my profile." I grinned as Sousa stopped the car.
"Keep your head down. A b*llet hitting your nose will be harder to explain to Ana." Peggy said to him.
"Andrew Henry! Jason Wilkes! If you're inside, come out with your hands raised!" Daniel and I ran towards the car in front of us. Well, he wasn't exactly running. I was ready to smash the window when I realized they were frozen. I slowly put my gun down.
"The windows are frosted over." Daniël said. "Here too." I was about to touch the window, but I thought I better didn't.
"Steering column's frozen. He had to ditch the car." Peggy was standing next to Daniel now.
"Dr. Wilkes left us a bread crumb." I heard.
"Mr. Jarvis, I'll need you to wait here for the police. Direct them to follow us."
"Will do." Peggy reached something in her sock?
"Here." She handed Jarvis the tiniest gun I had ever seen. He seemed disappointed.
"Well, I suppose this is progress."
"Only use it if absolutely necessary. And tell the police not to fire, either. We have a lot of questions for Detective Henry."
"Very well. But if I do see this Detective Henry, I can't promise not to bludgeon his nose." Now Sousa handed him something. It was a light.
"So the cops will spot you."
"I shall be a beacon of justice." They both walked away. I quickly reached in my pockets.
"There you go, I don't think there are even decent bullets in that thing." I gave him a normal gun. He suddenly looked like a kid who got candy.
"Don't tell Peggy." I pressed my finger to my mouth and ran after Sousa and Peg. After a while we split up. I came kn some sort of tunnel. Two men were standing in front of me. I could only see faded shadows, so I didn't know where to point my gun at. I pointed it at the one right in front off me.
"Put down the g*n!" The other man was also holding a gun at the guy and I realized it was Sousa. I quickly pointed at the other one.
"Or what? You're gonna k*ll me? Look at me. I'm dying!" Peggy was now standing behind us.
"We can help you."
"I won't last. You'll see."
"Take a step back. We can work this out." "They're not gonna let us."
"Who won't let us?" I jumped in the air as a bullet just missed me. It hit Henry and he also shattered into pieces. What was happening? It was a lot less terrifying now, since I kinda saw it comingZ
"I said no g*ns!" Peggy shouted at the guy who apparently shot him.
"I'm sorry. I-I left my radio in the car."