-25-

When Howard's eyes stared into thin air, I was kicked out of the room. Somewhere in a corner, still tied up. There was no ram, the door was locked and there was nothing else. The blood was still running down my face and Dottie had cut my arms a few more times as I tried to interrupt Ivchenko's speech. It hurt unimaginably, but I didn't dare to scream. They would hurt me even more, I was sure. I just sat there, in the dark. I heard some noises, but I didn't really care. I just wanted out of here. I wish someone would come and rescue me. And funnily enough, I wish it was Jack.

Without realizing that I had fallen asleep, I was awakened by voices. I couldn't quite understand it, but it sounded like my name. The voices belonged to Jack and Peggy. Peg sounded a little further away, and she didn't call my name. It sounded more sad. The screaming stopped and I heard metal clatter. Someone fell to the ground.
"Freeze! Step away from him, or I will shoot!" It was Daniel this time.
"I am unarmed, Agent Sousa." I pressed my ear to the door.
"Hands up! Now!"
"You will not shoot an unarmed man. It is not in your nature. Unlike Agent Thompson here, you are virtuous man. The war has damaged us all, has it not, Agent Sousa? We will never be the men we once were."
"I'm not listening to you."
" I have treated many injured soldiers, Agent Sousa, helped them to overcome their pain. All you have to do is focus. Focus on your pain." Oh no, not this again. I tried banging on the door, but my arms hurt so much, I couldn't even simply knock.
"The men that you work with, they see you as broken... half a man. And Agent Carter... I see how you look at her, but she will never value you for the man that you are. How can she? She feels only pity. But we can change all that if you just focus. Point your weapon at Agent Thompson..." No. Absolutely not. I tried banging again, an enormous pain went trough my hand.
"And pull the trigger."
"Sousa... Look at me. Don't listen to him."
"Excellent. Focus. Shoot him." I wanted to  break through the door, but there was no way.
"No. You snap out of it!" It was silent for a while and then I heard a bang. I fell down in my chair. How could this have happened? Sousa knew he shouldn't have listened to him. But then I heard talking again.
"Was he saying something?"
"You son of a bitch." It was Thompson. He didn't shoot him. He shot Ivchenko. Or at least hit him.
"We should find Rose now." Unheard footsteps coming near.
"If you're here, say something!" Sousa yelled.
"HELP!" The slow footsteps changed into running.
"She's in here, are you in here?" Someone banged on the door.
"Yes!"
"Are you okay?"
"Not really." There was a rumble at the door handle.
"We'll never get this open." I heard a loud bang.
"Rose! Get as close to the left wall as you can!" shouted Jack. I dragged the chair against the wall and pushed myself against it.
"Ready?"
"Yes..." There was another bang and a bullet flew through the air. And another one. Not much later the door flew open and the two men burst in. A bright beam of light came in through the opening of the door, shining on my face.
"Oh my lord, you're hurt." Jack lifted me gently on his shoulders, just as Peggy had described in the building a few weeks ago. He led me outside and Daniel hobbled after us. Howard, Peggy and Jarvis were already outside. Howard flew right at me. "Jeez, I'm so sorry." I smiled.
"It's not your fault." Jarvis stared at my chest. It felt a little awkward and Howard and Jack figured it out. They looked at Jarvis with a piercing gaze.
"I was just wondering how I'm going to get those bloodstains off."

==================

Hey, did any of you watch MOM (Multiverse of Madness) yet? I watched a little while ago and it's crazy. What do you think???

Anyway, as I promised I would upload more, so here is another chapter!