-23-

Not much later we got ready. Howard pretended it was a wedding, he tried to be so neat, but hey, he already does that when he goes to get some Chinese food. We decided to have Thompson announce that Howard was innocent and that was announced over the radio. That's how we would lure Dottie and Fennhof. It didn't sound that complicated, but everyone was very busy. Jack had been on the phone the whole time, probably trying to broadcast something on the radio or television. Daniel was fetching guns with Jarvis. Peggy checked a few things and Howard was trimming his nose hairs. Also very helpful. I decided to help Peggy, since no one else wanted my help.

"Can I help?" I asked as Peggy put some papers away. She shook her head.
"I'm not doing anything at all, just sorting through some papers to make it look like I'm busy." I chuckled.
"I also want to pretend I'm doing useful work." She gestured at a huge pile of papers on her desk.
"Go ahead." Just then, Jack put the phone away and clapped his hands.
"Okay folks, you know the plan, any questions?" I raised my finger and he sighed immediately before he knew the question.
"Yes, Agent Stark?" I lowered my hand again.
"You don't have to act so uninterested, I don't do that when you get a promotion again either." He rolled his eyes and put his hands in his pockets.
"What if they don't fall into our trap and set a trap for us? Is there a plan b?" Jack sighed again.
"No, there is no plan B, because that doesn't make sense. This is well thought out." Yeah right. Everything perfect Thompson arranges goes 100% right. That's why he's called perfect Thompson.

"Anything else you want to share with us?" I shook my head.
"Nice." He went on with his sermon again, which he called an explanation, but I didn't really listen to it. Fortunately, Howard came to my rescue. He tapped my shoulder.
"Can you take me to the lab?" I glanced at Thompson, who was oblivious to what was going on around him, which he shouldn't because Jarvis could explode the building any moment with his clumsiness. Who left him with those guns? I nodded.
"This way."

"Where's my stuff? What are you people doing? These are highly volatile materials." Howard walked through the room, while putting everything in another place.
"This... This is photosensitive. This should be kept in the dark. This... This should be kept cool. And this. This is fine now."
"What are you looking for?" I asked.
"Just some stuff I can use."

I was standing somewhere behind Jack on the sidewalk. He had thought that since they were going to declare Howard innocent, they might as well reveal my true identity. I didn't think it was a good idea, but he insisted. So, there I was, waiting for everyone to hate me. As more and more people gathered around us, Jack started his talk. He said all sorts of unnecessary things, most of which Howard had whispered in his ear. "I can also make it clear that this here..." He grabbed my shoulder and pulled me roughly forward.
"Is Howard's sweet sister." He held his microphone in one hand and clapped along with the rest of the crowd. I just stood there awkwardly. I hate such situations. After the clapping, I immediately stepped back and Jack continued his speech. Howard was about to say something when a shot rang out. Everyone screamed and ran in all directions. Jack jumped in front of me, but after a few seconds he quickly moved aside. I was now standing behind a car with Peggy. Jack instructed Jarvis, who left with Howard. I walked in a different direction with Peggy.

After a while a taxi pulled up in front of us, we didn't ask for it, but honestly it was quite convenient. But Peggy was already walking the other way, so I quickly followed her. She was a lot faster than me. When I was a few feet away from her, someone grabbed me from behind and pressed a hand to my mouth. I tried to scream, but I couldn't. The man pushed me into a car and I was hit in the head. Everything went slowly black.